GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 10:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trick Clinic in Long Beach on February 13/14 (Sat/Sun)  (Read 5042 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: January 01, 2010, 11:15 PM »

Folks,

I just found out about a great opportunity for anyone interested in improving their flying skills.  Lam Hoac is doing a trick clinic at Long Beach, WA on February 13th and 14th.  The Clinic will be on the beach just off the Sid Snyder approach road.

There will be a very reasonable cost to cover expenses. If you are interested in attending, post here and I will make sure you get more information as it comes.

It's a fantastic opportunity to learn from one of the best flyers/teachers/designers/builders in kiting today and to also to have alot of fun.  Don't miss it!

-Tom

6 kite tom
rxburner
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:07 PM »

Anyone want to share Lodging?

ooooo... Just realized that is Valentines Day.... will have to see about that.
Rx
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:06 AM by rxburner » Logged
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 03:36 PM »

i am not sure if i can make it yet should know by the end of next week if i can and I WANTTO i would be up for it if you dont find someone sooner rex  i am hanging down in san diego with some flier's thiss weekend pics soon  KO

have fun kurt
Sketch

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 11:40 AM »

Folks,

I just found out about a great opportunity for anyone interested in improving their flying skills.  Lam Hoac is doing a trick clinic at Long Beach, WA on February 13th and 14th.  The Clinic will be on the beach just off the Sid Snyder approach road.

There will be a very reasonable cost to cover expenses. If you are interested in attending, post here and I will make sure you get more information as it comes.

It's a fantastic opportunity to learn from one of the best flyers/teachers/designers/builders in kiting today and to also to have alot of fun.  Don't miss it!

-Tom

I have no $$$$...401 K retirement fund all but gone gaaaaazzzzzlin' from sending all my money to the medical community of thieves and is virtually GONE WITH THE WIND since retiring waaaay back in 2004.

Any chance of just hangin out and just watch from a distance and if that doesn't fly.....(need any help from an old 71 year old ripstop baggin-beggity- Grin Cheesy ;)begger??)

(diggin through old kite magazines while putting away the Christmas decorations..check this cover from the May 1989 Smithsonian showing our beloved brotha and sista...Susan Taft at a Kite Fest' in Hawaii..."completing a fingertip landing)

(gads..we were all so young then...brings back so many memories as this photo really show how time flies when we are having flyin fun, huh?...)

photo by the amazing Douglas Faulkner

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:45 AM by Sketch » Logged
mikenchico

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 11:34 PM »

One of the classic kite pic's, I was lucky that it caught my eye on the magazine rack at the time and got a copy.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
glider

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:51 AM »

I'm in for this one.
@Rx, let me know if you're gonna make it.
Dave
Portland, OR

ko

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 08:59 AM »

hi guy's and sorry rex. it was going to be pushing it with kite party so close but valentines day sealed the deal..  smooth winds for the weekend KO ps that is a great shot!!!

have fun kurt
tpatter

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 03:33 PM »

hi guy's and sorry rex. it was going to be pushing it with kite party so close but valentines day sealed the deal..  smooth winds for the weekend KO ps that is a great shot!!!

Kite party is a month later!  Think of all the new tricks you can show off there with a month of practice!  Smiley

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 03:51 PM »

This event is about a month away, please post if you are able to make it or want more information - it would be great to get a count.

6 kite tom
ko

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 04:59 PM »

hey tom!! i am going to be waiting for you at kite party so you can show me whatchugot!!

have fun kurt
tpatter

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:06 PM »

hey tom!! i am going to be waiting for you at kite party so you can show me whatchugot!!

Fair enough - I hope that I can make it to KP this year!  Smiley  Flying here at Kite Hill, I am used to using short lines (<75' unless the wind is howling).

I was hoping that you would make the clinic - 2 full days of flying and trick instruction, it's hard to beat.  I learned things about my Fearless that I never knew.

6 kite tom
ko

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 06:23 PM »

TAKE NOTES                           
                                     and some video would be nice                          

have fun kurt
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 08:23 PM »

So Tom..................Are you a for sure go yet?
Iowords......have you as yet popped the ? Undecided

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 10:18 PM »

Jim,

Popped the question, but am not getting an answer yet, but at least its not a negative answer.  Wink

Eli and I really need to go - he is competing this year, so he needs some help to figure out a routine and also select some music.  I can't think of anyone better than Lam to help out with this!  Smiley

Plus, as you know, these events are also a good time to take delivery of new kites and I do NEED another vent.  Smiley  Not sure I should push my luck by getting a new kite in addition to a trip to Long Beach, but I'm pretty darn sure that I will be there.

-Tom

6 kite tom
Stardragon
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 06:58 PM »

I would like to go but won't know until about the week before. Sad

Ron
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change