GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 06:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trick Clinic in Long Beach on February 13/14 (Sat/Sun)  (Read 5025 times)
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 06:38 AM »

Jim,

Popped the question, but am not getting an answer yet, but at least its not a negative answer.  Wink

Eli and I really need to go - he is competing this year, so he needs some help to figure out a routine and also select some music.  I can't think of anyone better than Lam to help out with this!  Smiley
-Tom

Tom,

We have been mulling over the killing of two birds with one stone syndrome that I discussed with you at the Hill last, and have decided that Cindy will have to go to Longview on her own.

The current humanitarian effort in Haiti is going to squash our discretionary income and cause us to push back a few bills for a couple of months......................We are going to pass on this one.......hopefully Lam will do another in late Spring or early summer and we will get to attend.  I know I sure got a lot out of the last clinic, and Lam is a joy to watch.  One can learn a lot by just observing, for sure.

thanks,
Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 04:37 PM »

Tick, tick, tick.

Myself and son, Eli, will be going - look forward to meeting other flyers there.

6 kite tom
glider
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 09:26 AM »

Eli's Dad,
 Smiley
Any word on whether there are enough people lined up to make this worthwhile for Lam?  I will be there unless the weather is completely nasty.

Dave
PDX

tpatter

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 10:28 AM »

Still a go - I was chatting with Lam last week.  It will be fun - I haven't flown at the beach in ages now.

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 04:17 PM »

Lam will be meeting us at the Sid Snyder approach on Sat/Sun. 

I don't know the specific time, but Eli and I should be getting there between 9-10 or so.  Lets hope for reasonable weather and winds, although I do have a vent that needs some more breaking-in!

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 04:43 PM »

The clinic was lots of fun! 

Day one was high wind all day all the time often with rain, but the weather cleared in the afternoon and we hit the beach.  In the morning, Lam taught us how to select music and how to design a ballet routine to that music.  He also taught us some tricks of the trade for flying precision and figures in relation to the wind window.  The wind was 20-25 with gusts to 30 so we were all flying vents with wind brakes. We flew the standard Fearless Vent and the Light Vent (a new kite - framed in 3pt, but it handled the high wind just fine) for hours working on higher wind tricks like the insane, snap lazy, inverse, and multi lazys.  It was bumpy wild wind, but we all managed to have some fun including JLs (with some movement) and rollups.  No-one broke anything, but we did nearly lose one kite in the surf!

Day two - the wind and weather were far sweeter!  We had blue skys, sunshine, and 5-7 early in the day tapering off to 2-4 in afternoon.  I flew the Light, while Eli and Lam were flying Vented Lights (we considered moving to the SULs in the afternoon, but were having too much fun with the Lights).  We worked on all sorts of tricks - sweet ocean wind!  Lam was showing us a new trick that he has come up with!  It's too hard for me to describe, so you will have to wait for the video.  It was a great day - lots of tricks and good advice.   

We did take a good hours worth of video from the second day, which will get edited and posted at some point - some VERY nice stuff in there. 

PS - The vented light is da-bomb!  I still can't believe how well it flys and tricks in both low and high wind. 

6 kite tom
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change