GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 12:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THIS JUST IN....HQ NEW "PLATIUM-GOLD" KITE!  (Read 2471 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 07, 2010, 10:16 AM »

I sent an E mail last night to HQ asking about that beautiful new HQ CHROME KITE.
This morning....I received a prompt reply from my favorite long time HQ headquarters administrator giving me the news that the retail price tag is-----$400.00!!!!

Every year about this time...I give my self an annual kite birthday present...however this year my suga-plum dreams have all but faded. This beautiful looking new HQ CHROME kite has been given the wrong name.
Perhaps a betta' name should have been "HQ PLATIUM GOLD" instead of CHROME?
I still have a plan in the works for obtaining enough mad $$$ to have GWTW-CHICO send me that new CHROME with the LOFTY PRICE TAG! Sad

[attachment deleted by admin]
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:21 AM »

no doubt about the high price. good luck with your savings, let us know how it flies  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 11:05 AM »

Get the Infinity - half the price and flies incredible!

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:21 AM »

Maybe the color added from the Infinity to the Chrome justified the price hike.  Cheesy

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:25 AM »

and here i thought that it was a new google sport kite........

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Hadge

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:42 AM »

There has already been a bit of discussion about the Chrome http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=2201.30 elsewhere on this forum.

HQ seem to be trying to compete with the high end manufacturers - it needs to be VERY good - you can buy a lot of very nice kites for $400!

I'm saving for a Shadow!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 05:06 AM »

I don't know. $400 is a lot of money. For a few dollars more you could get a Fearless. Sky Sport Design, HQ, Sky Sport Design...

I have to say that my Fearless lies at the top of my kite bag.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:12 AM by Bob D » Logged

Bob D.
the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:47 AM »

Don't be in such a rush. The market will ultimately determine the price. If you will pay $400.00, then the price will be $400.00. If no one buys for $400.00, then the product will seek the market price.  If someone else buys at $400. they will make more kites and you will have the benefit of others' experiences. Then you can decide if $400. is really what you want to pay.

It might be worth $400.00 if it will change colors in mid-flight, play a wide range of music in flight, dismantle itself, and crawl into the bag when you finish.

Paying top dollar for the latest and greatest will not make you a better flier.

Stoney
DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 09:14 AM »

talon-343
ds or dsul- 303
fury- 380
fearless- 450
exile -299

it better be one heck of a kite for 400! I think i'll save my pennies for a dsul instead

Sine Metu!
Sketch

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 09:36 AM »

Hummm?
Why does my long term memory loss...suddenly returned  to the day I brought home my first Top of the Line Ron Reich Sunrise Spinoff kite....that I spent the monthly house payment on.
However that was in the early 80?

You should have seen the look on my wife's face when she found my check stub to Goodwind Kites for $125.00!!!
 Huh Huh Grin Grin Roll Eyes
(Its all Kathy Goodwind and Ron Reich's fault...I made the mistake (or good fortune) to attend Ron's first Seattle Gas Works Park Kite Clinic.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:46 AM by Sketch » Logged
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 09:42 AM »

your monthly house payment was 125$ dang...........

i still remember the time i got a Guildworks Deca 31 (retail of 650$) for about 200$............that was lucky........

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Sketch

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 09:55 AM »

Gads...
I just dated myself to the old KITE-KOOT-KLUB...huh? I was a wind tunnel model maker, flying and designing competition toy airplanes before gettin' hooked on sport kites..

( Talk about datin' myself...GADS! Take gogglin-gander  ::)at my fancy disco striped bell bottom jeans! Cheesy)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:05 AM by Sketch » Logged
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 11:18 AM »

(... Take gogglin-gander  ::)at my fancy disco striped bell bottom jeans! Cheesy)

MY EYES.... MY EYES!!!!

Huh  Huh  Huh  Cry  Cry  Cry

ATB,
Sam
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 12:01 PM »

talon-343
ds or dsul- 303
fury- 380
fearless- 450
exile -299

it better be one heck of a kite for 400! I think i'll save my pennies for a dsul instead

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the cost. Plus I could get a TNT delivered for that.

I liked the HQ kites I've owned / flown but that's pretty serious dough for no demo, vids, reviews or owner hype...  Huh

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography