GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 04:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YEA!  (Read 2868 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 10:18 AM »

Lee...what's this one?HuhHuh

That's a Wind Whip UL.

They are similar to a Bad Boy at about .90 scale. It looks odd in this picture due to tilt & POV. This particular kite came from the Sunnyvale home for underflown old skool kites. :-)

Allen, AKA kitehead
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 10:44 PM »

Lee...what's this one?HuhHuh

That's a Wind Whip UL.

They are similar to a Bad Boy at about .90 scale. It looks odd in this picture due to tilt & POV. This particular kite came from the Sunnyvale home for underflown old skool kites. :-)

Oh Mr Carter,

Oh, sad, sad Mr Carter,

You have officially now owned way too many kites. That is in fact an AirZero, made by X-Kites, of Soquel CA, Peter's old company, or one of many I had forgotten myself, so I had to go look. As your punishment, you must now send me a Vanishing Point of your choosing.

p.s., for those outside this inside joke, that's one of Allen's old "extra" kites.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 08:01 AM »

Well, there's a reason my feeble old brain spit out WindWhip UL, but I had to go back to 2005 email with Peter to figure it out.

>>I have a couple of questions about an AerZero I picked up recently.
>>It's really heavy. Weighs in at 178 grams (6.3oz)
>>
>>There was some obvious extra meat in the form of full size APA LE fittings and what >>look like too substatial standoffs. I took the thing apart and found that the LLEs and >>spine are Skinny SUL rather than the regular, dainty, Skinny ULs.
>
>What you have there is a Wind Whip UL. Nice kite.

Of course the sail is marked AerZero, not Wind Whip, so someone had messed around with the frame. With specs from Peter I put the frame back the way it should have been and the kite was back to around 5oz. Nice kite.

(WW & AZ have the same size sail)

So, yes I have had too many kites. But at least there was some reason for my confusion. This time.   Smiley

Allen, AKA kitehead
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 09:27 AM »

Run, don't walk:

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 10:23 AM »

we used to carry PEter's kites.....SOOOO nice....i never did get one for myself though........stoopid me...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography