GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 07:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche stunt kite! bargain???  (Read 5816 times)
kitesyoyos
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 11, 2010, 05:31 PM »

I'm not sure if you have seen this on ebay......most expensive dual line kite ever?
(Note: I'm NOT the seller.)

Link: dammit, I knew there was something I should have done.  Wink

Here is his/her listing information.
I love the disclaimer: DO NOT attempt use from a Porsche cabrio or targa while in motion.

"The item offered here for sale is extremely rare and initially sold in very limited low production only in Europe.

The Porsche Design hi-tech Carbon Kite has a wing span of almost 7' (feet) , left and right controls and is simply amazing when you have it up there. This mass structure and it's strength is nearly weightless. The construction is most impressive to carefully examine.

This Porsche kite has never seen any flight time and therefore listed  "AS NEW" .

This Porsche Kite was used in an upscale garage for esthetics purposes only. Actually, the exotic car enthusiasts who have seen it were impressed to say the least and no one has ever said they have seen one before or knew there was such a thing as an OFFICIAL PORSCHE KITE .

I personally have a 2nd identical kite which i have had up there a number of times and can tell you it's very presice and you should keep it low at first while you get use to it. . . . quite amazing to watch too!  Great family excitement !!   many purposes.

Please keep in mind this product was not cheep (Not made in Asia) when it shortly was avaliable to those who knew and nor is it currently.

There is a legal disclaimer to keep it from lightning, power lines and not to attempt use from a Porsche cabrio or targa while in motion (lol).

A perfect gift for that Special Lawyer, somebody , " Go fly a kite " literally.

Thank-you for looking.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:43 PM by zippy8 » Logged
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:36 PM »

looks totally old school. weird.
Looks like it's decently constructed, maybe the center T could be different, but 1000 bucks??!  Huh

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:38 PM »

Comes complete with an upper spreader puncture wound...

Nice design overall. I'd buy it for $50.

Allen, AKA kitehead
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 05:44 PM »

Huh I didn't even see that.
Ouch

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ace

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 06:00 PM »

Why don't we all take a really old school poorly made kite, print Ferrari or Lamborgini on it, create a crappy label that says the same, grab some plastic reels (WTF Huh Huh Huh) then wack it on e-bay for $1200 so some poor un-initiated lad or lass wastes 3 years pocket money buying it.
What a joke, the word SCAM comes to mind....... as for the wording what a DH Sad very very   Sad

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:50 PM »

No it was a real kite, pretty sure I recall an advertisement or article on it but can't say when or where right now, maybe I'll do a little research. $1320 is way out of line though, it was just a Porsche Design graphics on a then current model kite. If you Google Porsche Design you'll find they have done designs from Yacht's to Sweat Bands.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:25 PM »

He's had this kite up at an even higher price before Christmas, if you can imagine. By the construction details, it seems to me a little like an HQ designed/mfg kite. I wonder if the guy has any idea just how many really top notch kites ( the Porsche of kites, if you will Cheesy) a person could buy with $1200.  Oh the "A" bag I could have with that kind of budget.
Sketch

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 07:26 PM »

If that is for real...I will give you both my Foxy mamma UL my old reliable HQ Shadow...for free..that is you have to buy the Gig Harbor Purdy bridge from me and I will also throw in my low tide sandy beach at no extra charge. Perhaps just to seal the deal...*I will throw in a free afternoon with one of the prettiest lady felons who resides at the  Purdy Women's correctional facility just down the beach a short distance and that also includes my old Peter B's tattered old Vanishing Point kite with the BAD BOY logo...as a straight across trade for that Peter B "KNOCK OFF LOOK ALIKE Porche' KITE Kiss Cheesy Shocked

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:57 PM by Sketch » Logged
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 08:15 PM »

Looks like it might be one of those "I just gotta have it kites"

Unflown and with an upper spreader sail puncture?  Is that right?  I couldn't see that...........but it looks like I'd better act fast before the 'buy it now' gets it off the market.......  Cool

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Sketch

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 08:27 PM »

Looks like it might be one of those "I just gotta have it kites"

Unflown and with an upper spreader sail puncture?  Is that right?  I couldn't see that...........but it looks like I'd better act fast before the 'buy it now' gets it off the market.......  Cool

[attachment deleted by admin]
zippy8

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 08:49 PM »

it seems to me a little like an HQ designed/mfg kite
But it is, however, a Logo Kites X-Act. German, mid-late 90's, flown by notable team Garuda - none of which makes it worth the advertised price.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Lee S

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 11:22 PM »

You da man Zippy. Now, I'll have to buy it for you.
randyg

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 04:49 AM »

Why get so worked up? IMO, the market will speak. Usually does.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 05:18 AM »

it seems to me a little like an HQ designed/mfg kite
But it is, however, a Logo Kites X-Act. German, mid-late 90's, flown by notable team Garuda - none of which makes it worth the advertised price.

Mike.
Mike
Was that the same Logo Kites of Lutz Treczoks wha was producing the phenomenal Codys?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
zippy8

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 07:37 AM »

Why get so worked up?
This is us at "mellow". Just wait until someone tries to boost the price of a r@re Prism I2K.... again !!

The seller here is trying to pass off something very mundane as incredibly desirable. They deserve scorn but they are on eBay so they are amongst like minded folk. The only person that might conceivably fall for this ploy is someone who saw episode 5 in series 6 of Friends and didn't see what the fuss was all about.*

Was that the same Logo Kites of Lutz Treczoks wha was producing the phenomenal Codys?
You're asking me about SLks ?  Angry

Mike.
* You either know already, can find out easily or don't care. All work for me.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography