GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 09:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyburner Freestylist UL Pilots  (Read 724 times)
wagsboyz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 10:11 PM »

Weather is good but the wind has been up.  No UL flying but hopefully this weekend will settle down.  I am anxious to get back to working on the JL and I think l might have a better chance with the UL's in light wind over the Std in higher bumpy winds.

I am becoming more solid with my control and entering positions in different ways.  I was impressed with the multitude of ways you enter positions and how the smoothness adds to the flow of tricks.  So that is what I'm working on it makes a big difference and looks great when smooth. 

I look forward to flying with the Famous Norms straps soon...  I've already gotten rid of all my BOAS....Compared to the finger straps they don't provide much in the way of control.

np
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #16 on: Today at 07:24 PM »

Weather is good but the wind has been up.  No UL flying but hopefully this weekend will settle down.  I am anxious to get back to working on the JL and I think l might have a better chance with the UL's in light wind over the Std in higher bumpy winds.
I agree, especially if the light wind is smooth.

I am becoming more solid with my control and entering positions in different ways. 
You did great with the broken Axel to fade, but it's also good to know the pancake to fade at any elevation you choose.

I look forward to flying with the Famous Norms straps soon...  I've already gotten rid of all my BOAS....Compared to the finger straps they don't provide much in the way of control.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy got rid of Boas. I don't remember making this recommendation. Just think, all you need is 2 rotations of the Jacobs Ladder and you will get a pair of split-finger (ninja's), which provide excellent finger tip line control. I'm not even asking for one JL in each direction, but that's only because I never ask someone else to do something that I can't do. 

Go figure if I am a beginner or not.  It is all relative. How does that sound?
wagsboyz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #17 on: Today at 08:24 PM »

You inspired me to fly in a totally different way than I had flown.  It was watching you fly and how you did things that I have been looking for in my flying.  Smooth fluid transitions is my aim now that I have seen you do it.  I mentioned before that I was looking for combos but it isn't just combos it is the fluid smooth combos that look good.

The videos that I have seen that I really like are those that flow smooth and effortless which I better understand now.  I havn't really flown with anyone that flys like that until now.  I guess I learn better in person than trying to undertand instruction in a video.

You've created a monster....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document