GWTW Forum
December 07, 2016, 02:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying Double  (Read 6233 times)
Trip
Trade Count: (+12)

« on: Yesterday at 06:56 AM »

I'm making plans to start flying two sport kites at one time this coming Spring when the winds pick up here in Northeast Texas -or- whenever I can get to the Texas coast, whichever comes first.

I've decided to start with flying two Prism Nexus' using a pair of Ozone four-line handles on four 85' Shanti lines. If I can successfully fly them, then I'll graduate to flying two JS Neptune kites.

I know there are a few of you that already have accomplished this. Any tips, gotcha's, things I need to know? I'm not trying to compete against Ray Bethell or Troy Gunn, but thought I'd try to expand my flying experience.

Grin Grin

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:48 AM by Trip » Logged

indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:12 PM »

You might find this of use....

Multiple Sport Kite Flying: A challanging and funny sport

The Ozone handles may cause you to overcompensate due to power line vs brake bias.  Most people seems to make something from scratch that tends to be a bit more symmetrical.   See page 10 in the linked file.

ATB,
Sam
KaoS
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:48 PM »

I'm making plans to start flying two sport kites at one time this coming Spring when the winds pick up here in Northeast Texas -or- whenever I can get to the Texas coast, whichever comes first.

I've decided to start with flying two Prism Nexus' using a pair of Ozone four-line handles on four 85' Shanti lines. If I can successfully fly them, then I'll graduate to flying two JS Neptune kites.

The longer the lines, the more reaction time you have.  Especially when learning, try for at least 100' lines - even 125'.  Also slow the kites down with tails - they look better as well :-)

Welcome to the club

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:16 AM »

Ive tried it a bit and its tough to get the two kites tuned to fly the same. ITs best to start with kites that have a similar amount of fly time on them.  Stay away from standard quad handles.  You need a symmetrical handle like those from a older HQ M-QUAD or even better Benson Air bow handles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom