GWTW Forum
November 20, 2014, 06:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fittings Needed  (Read 2249 times)
cmay
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: January 16, 2010, 02:48 PM »

I am looking for fittings for a stack of (6) Go Fly A Kite diamonds that I have had for quite a while. Specifically, I need the fitting that connects the vertical and horizontal spars together. It slides onto the vertical spar and has a "clip" structure into which the horizontal spar snaps. Any suggestions as to where I may be able to find a few of these? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can post photo if needed.

Chris May <cmay59@earthlink.net>
glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 06:22 AM »

Chris -

Our host, Chico Kites, has something that might work (http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=58). If not, have you checked out kitebuilder.com/kitestudio? Steve and Tony have quite a selection of parts.

I also e-mailed you.

Larry

**Direct link removed**
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:12 PM by JimB » Logged
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 03:00 PM »

i can't say for certain, but i think what he needs looks more like a rectangle of plastic with a gene simmons tongue shape laying on top of it.

as my hilarious illustration will show.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fdeli
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 03:02 PM »

have you tried emailing go fly customer support?
consumer@jakks.net?subject=Go%20Fly%20A%20Kite%20Support

or

1.877.875.2557 M-F
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM PST
You may write to us at:
Consumer Service
C/o Go Fly A Kite.
21749 Baker Parkway
Walnut, CA 91789

Fdeli
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 05:14 PM »

good luck getting anything from go fly....they are no longer around.....you might have a bit of luck by talking to Jim C at skydogs since he worked for go fly for quite a bit...he might have some help.

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Lee S

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 06:42 PM »

Hi Chris,

I may have some of what looks like the drawing of Fidelio's. E-mail or PM me with a picture if you got one, and maybe I can help.

Lee
cmay
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:25 PM »

Thanks for all of the responses. Here is a photo of the fitting. Fidelio, you are correct. The fitting is the same as a Trlby fitting. I've had no luck finding THEM either. Jakks told me that they don't stock parts for any of their kites.

Lee, I just e-mailed you with this same photo.

I think it might be time to have some made. With all the Trlby's I've got I'm sure I'll need more in the future.

Any other possible sources eagerly accepted. Thanks again all for taking the time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
glk47

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 05:51 AM »

Come to think of it, I think I have some old (read: wrecked) Trilby-type diamonds around. If I remember when I get home, I'll look.

Larry
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 06:35 AM »

btw: Chris:
the other forum you posted on asking about these also customs machines fittings....i am pretty certain that they would make some for you...not certain of cost etc....

mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 08:59 PM »

Problem there is Tony is not very mobile at the moment, I don't think there is much machining right now. Hopefully soon though.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 04:26 AM »

mike- Steve does not do any of those custom parts?Huh good to know.....

glk47

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 06:17 AM »

I do have a pair of old Trlby diamonds that have what look like the fittings you want. The frames on mine seem to be intact, but the old plastic sails are pretty beat - held together with package tape. It's been many years since I've had them out. We'd probably trade them for flying time on your stack. We could even see if our GFAK single diamond matches your stack.

FWIW, I also have a two-stack of Gala diamonds (also languishing in a back corner), but they don't use that fitting.

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum