GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 03:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 pop multilazies  (Read 3407 times)
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: March 19, 2009, 03:28 AM »

Discussion on this technique. Anybody? Couldn't find much info on it. Nicest ones I've seen on video were done on the L'Atelier kites

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 05:47 AM »

I have been trying these lately on my kites, with varying success.

I think more than anything, it's a technique which demands that rather than 'more than enough slack', you use 'just enough' slack.  Sometimes I can really feel that off hand pull on the Cosmic nicely when I get in the groove...but the SD hates it (and really requires 'more than enough' slack to multilazy), just to compare two kites I know pretty well. 

It was easy to find the feel on the Diablis/V2 I have as well, although I have only had this kite out once so far since it arrived  Cry

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
lasapcheong

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:19 AM »

I think it's a pretty kite specific thing as well. Deep/stable turtle does make it conducive for the trick. I can't do it at all. My off hand input, all it does was that it just brings the kite out of the turtle position.

More than anything, j think it's a trick you wanna do only when you are going for the ultimate nicest looking lazies that can't be achieved with one hand.

So for the following kites, which one do you think that the 2 pop multi is doable?

Cosmic TC STD
Nirvana SUL
R-Sky Next Up STD
Widow Maker UL

I didn't put my other kites because on those even the single pop multi is a chore an not a no brainer so didn't even want to think about those.

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
obijuankenobe

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 07:17 AM »

I have to say that even on the Cosmic, it ain't there for me yet!  This is really the only kite I have that I have enough time on to say, 'I have tried it.'  Often (read 80% of the time), my off hand pulls it out the lazy as well.  I think this is both a timing and touch issue, as this second input is softer and smoother than I am used to giving.

All this, coming from a guy who can't JL ad infinitum yet.  Sheez.  What do I know??

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
DaveH
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:44 AM »

Would someone go through the steps for achieving the two pop multi lazy?  I can do multi lazies from a traditionally entered backflip. I thoink, but am not sure, you guys are referring to entering the backflip in a different way?
Will Sturdy
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 07:48 AM »

It is a really hard trick... I think it helps if the kite has a really locked in turtle like most SULs and cosmic type kites.
I've been trying this on the epee, so far only gotten it once or twice. It seems that I somehow need to get the nose to drop 1/2 way through the rotation so I can give it almost the input for a wap do wap... I think I just need to give it more slack after the first input, when the nose is away, so the nose drops more.

It looks really cool, now if only I could do it  Embarrassed

I *think* that it goes something like this...

1. get into a turtle
2. give the first lazy input, slightly smaller than the input for a normal multi and then give some more slack than normal.
3. when the nose is a bit farther than 1/2 way around, give a slight pull on the off hand
4. repeat starting at step 2

Or something like that.
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 08:32 AM »

Does someone have a link to a video where I can see the 2 pop Multi?

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
CTaylor

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 08:39 AM »

Probably a similar input to a Torpile.  With the off hand just taking up the slack rather than giving an actual input.  I haven't tried it yet though so I can't tell you.  Just sounds like that sort of thing.

Will Sturdy

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 09:45 AM »

I think that this is one...
Le Transfer xt.s

2:45 in the little box
also maybe 5:05 ish

Maybe the beginning of the Amsterdam Trick Clinic as well.
Un Masque, un Impact et un X-Masque (1)
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:47 AM »

Thanks Will. I've seen the xt.s video before but had no idea that wasn't just a slow multi. It does look like the kite is very deep.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Will Sturdy

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 11:38 AM »

Just noticed you can see what he does with the hands in the second video around 3:15
imarche

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 06:08 AM »

I think it's a pretty kite specific thing as well. Deep/stable turtle does make it conducive for the trick. I can't do it at all. My off hand input, all it does was that it just brings the kite out of the turtle position.

More than anything, j think it's a trick you wanna do only when you are going for the ultimate nicest looking lazies that can't be achieved with one hand.

So for the following kites, which one do you think that the 2 pop multi is doable?

Cosmic TC STD
Nirvana SUL
R-Sky Next Up STD
Widow Maker UL

I didn't put my other kites because on those even the single pop multi is a chore an not a no brainer so didn't even want to think about those.

-Darryl

Darryl,
you did not mention the Masque. Still have it? Try it. The off hand pop comes just before the main pull for the 2nd lazy. It's a light one compared to the main pull. Too early and it flips into a fade. Too much of it and you get a worn out trailing edge  Huh

Cheers
Clin

lasapcheong

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 08:31 AM »

Tried it today..still no luck. I think I'll cycle through my kites and see if I can even get 1 rotation happening with them.

So for the main lazy input, do you give an input as light as a half lazy like a JL? Or somewhere in between a half lazy and a full lazy. Maybe I should work on the wap do wap first since the off hand input is reminiscence of that with the kite in the fade position lines under the trailing edge.

Darryl,
you did not mention the Masque. Still have it? Try it. The off hand pop comes just before the main pull for the 2nd lazy. It's a light one compared to the main pull. Too early and it flips into a fade. Too much of it and you get a worn out trailing edge  Huh

Cheers
Clin

Ye the Masque is something I forgot to mention. Looking at Mayet did it in that video I'm sure its pretty doable and if I can't do it its really down to the flyer not the kite  Sad

Not seen you around for a while? Flying at the usual spot this Sunday? Can show me how its done next time if possible  Wink

-Darryl

imarche

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 06:15 PM »

Ye the Masque is something I forgot to mention. Looking at Mayet did it in that video I'm sure its pretty doable and if I can't do it its really down to the flyer not the kite  Sad

Not seen you around for a while? Flying at the usual spot this Sunday? Can show me how its done next time if possible  Wink

-Darryl

Am tied up with something this weekend. Will be at ECP.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document