GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 06:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New tech french kiss  (Read 5562 times)
alphameda
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 25, 2010, 08:25 PM »

Im looking at buying a new tech french kiss stunt kite.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:50 AM »

Welcome to the Forum.  Smiley

If you could tell us the reasons you want this particular kite and what kites you have flown, we would be better able to tailor our answers to your needs.

I have no experience with it. There are many, newer kites you might want to consider. Good luck with your hunt.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
alphameda

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 11:01 AM »

hey thanks.

Well right now i am flying a new tech ignitor, and am ready to move up to more advanced stunt kites.(double bar)

I was looking at the french kiss, but am willing to take any suggestions on what would work the best,given my experience.

Maybe a point in the right direction for a good stuntkite that will challenge me/be fun
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 11:03 AM by alphameda » Logged
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 11:48 AM »

With the french kiss as an option, there's still the options of the Premier Widow or Wolf, and Exile or Mantis by BMK (that'll take you a long ways), and theres also E2's and E3's by Prism. I think steve has some E2's left. The Exile and Mantis are more $, but they're great kites that will take you very far in progressing.

(theres also the Silver Fox series, but I've heard they wear fast. I had a 2.5 vent myself, and liked it, but sold it after a year)

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:14 PM »

alphameda,

My personal suggestion would be to buy a kite which is between 7 and 8 feet (2.1 to 2.5 meters).

Most of the "full-sized" kites seem to give the best overall performance and are both easily seen and have the proper feel, speed, visual feedback that the kiters on this Forum prefer.

For the money, the Prism E2 or Premier Widow are good deals on full-sized kites. There are many others which would serve you well.

And if you have the money, buying a top quality kite by Blue Moon or Focus would bring you the ability to choose your own colors and have a kite you would not outgrow.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
alphameda

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:22 PM »

I am currently looking at an E2, and am now very interested in buying one of the few left.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:55 PM by alphameda » Logged
ET
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 12:25 PM »

Im looking at buying a new tech french kiss stunt kite.

Does anyone have any experience with this one?

I had a demo for about a month.  It's an ok kite and needed quite abit of wind to get moving.  Overall I was not impressed.  For about the same $$ there's better options.

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 04:34 PM »

The E2 is a nice kite. I have one and it is still enjoyable to fly. It won't do all the tricks that you see in the UToob videos, but it will take you a long way. It doesn't take too much wind to get it going, and will fly comfortably up to 15mph. It does real pretty axels and 540s.
~Rob.

alphameda

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 04:38 PM »

i have decided to buy an E2, thanks to everyone for their helpful insight/feedback
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 05:31 AM »

The 540 is one of my favorite tricks. I'm only good on the right side of the wind window though. I haven't figured out the inputs for the left side yet.

Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change