GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 04:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Epson Stylus 2200  (Read 1955 times)
STACKflyer
Trade Count: (0)

« on: January 26, 2010, 04:29 PM »

Just found one of these at the Goodwill for 15 bucks.  Can some one explain to me how I would know if I needed to replace the heads?  I heard this somewhere. 

Thanks

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 04:59 PM »

Looks like quite a bargain, I hope it has full inks, because it looks like it will cost close to $100 for a full rack of ink bottles. That's the problem with most inkjet printers, is that they eat you alive in consumables. If you replace the inks, and it still doesn't print right, you might have to go for printheads. Assuming that they're the easy to replace drop in style, that would still set you back another chunk of change.
That's the problem with most computer hardware, it's not usually worth buying anything used, because these things are designed to burn out/wear out and be obsolete in such a short period of time. And while they still work, they'll cost a bunch keeping them going.
Evaluate how much it will cost to get the printer printing, and wonder if it's not cheaper to just send the pictures to your local 1 hour photo.
~Rob.

STACKflyer

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 05:27 PM »

yeah.  It has full ink.  I printed the first that got me worried.  It was a full color image.  It came out streaked.  I switched to a black and white image which came out better.  Then I realized that I was using really basic photo paper.  I switched some settings and all seems to be good now. 

I was looking for camera at the store.  I turned around and saw the printer.  Im so stoked.

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 05:33 PM »

Print your photos at a FedEx or photo center.

The pictures will look better, you can choose your paper, they'll do it over if it isn't perfect and you won't have to replace your supplies nearly as often.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:00 PM »

Quite a deal if it proves workable. Looks like they go for $450 used.

Streaking is often dirty/plugged or mis-aligned heads, although you said it worked better on better paper have you ran the cleaning & alignment utilities included in the print driver?

Being a serious hobbyist to professional quality printer that one might be worth hanging onto. It's true you don't spend money fixing those $100 printers, it costs more for the ink to see if the problem is just dry cartridges then a new printer costs that will come with cartridges. They almost give you the printer free in order to sell you the overpriced consumables.

John is right too, overall it is cheaper to print your pictures off-site and you'll get better quality, Kinko's, Ritz Camera, even WalMart, Walgreens and Longs, they have printers you could never afford to own. The one that sat in our Ritz store cost over $200,000. But it sure isn't as convenient.

Hope it works out for you

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
STACKflyer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 06:13 AM »

Yeah, I got it working great.  I ran all the proper maintenance and everything seem to be great.  I do have an off site printer I use for art prints and Gallery wraps.  Last time I went to Fedex for prints it ended up being 10 bucks for a 8*10.  I think over time I can get more for my money at home.

Sketch

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:44 PM »

Not to KIDDIE-NAPPITY your Epson post....
My old Epson All in None just DIED?
This was my favorite printer of all time until the scanner started doin this?Huh?ANY IDEAS...WHAT is wrong?..After sending this photo to Epson..they wrote back and told me my scanner was toast and to go out and buy a new one?
This was my 3rd freebeee' from Epson....but this

puterdumb Sketchy Don

[attachment deleted by admin]
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 04:28 AM »

Hey Sketch...
It's your turn to stimulate the economy ! Throw that old printer out, and go buy a new one ! You're not supposed to fix stuff anymore... there's no such thing as a durable good these days.
Don't feel bad, 1 in 20 printers don't work brand new, out of the box... we call them DOAs. And half the time we have to battle with the manufacturer to replace them. Even though the printer was new, they want to replace it with a refurb.  Embarrassed
~Rob.

Sketch

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 09:24 AM »

Roll Eyes Yep! Now I have to spend half the day (or more)..going through my old Window XP to seek out all the Epson crap that they inflith'trated my poor old stuffed puter with the junk peek n' seek nonsense that came with their  installation disk from the pits of cyberspace hell in a handbasket?

Epson was almost as bad as my first $75.00 all in one HP printer that went toast just after the warranty ran out. I still keep finding stuff on my hard drive that I can't seem to dump without harming other programs that both HP and Epson have set up camp for the long haul. Cry

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum