GWTW Forum
August 28, 2014, 12:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: shipping to and from Malaysia  (Read 1232 times)
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: January 27, 2010, 04:59 AM »

I have now decided that Malaysia is the ultimate worst country to ship to and from!!!

My package arrived there like this:

The pacakge I received looked like this:

The pterodactyl i shipped lived through its ordeal perfectly fine.....the plutz glider i got needed a pair of .125 tubes in it to get going again.......

argh

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:23 PM »

one word, ouch! Huh Cry Sad

Fdeli
Charly
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:52 PM »

Hello Thief,
  Because I own Kite Classifieds I ship lots of stuff to Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore.  Something I do is to use lots of silver duct tape...LOL  Regular clear tape will tear and come apart to easy.  I make it a habit to tape over all seams as well as end flaps so there is NO CHANCE of anything "just falling" out of the box.  Anyone here that has ever gotten a package from me knows I use lots of silver duct tape and foam chips to protect their investments.  Knock on wood I have never had a box as badly beat up as yours looks.

Take Care
Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
ndcmpc
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 08:26 PM »

Hey Rob, how long did it take to get there?

Doug
Blue Moon Geek
61/49: The most fun you can have with only one line
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 03:57 AM »

That package was as durably packaged as any other i have ever sent.....and trust me i do not skimp on tape!!!!
very very luckily the kite was against one side of the box and so when it got squished it just got sandwiched between the rest.....probably reinforced it for the rest of the trip!!!!
it was also a nice and flexible pterodactyl too.....

now the kite that came to me (the curved box in the bottom picture) was marked fragile in about 6 places (which of course then brings out the package gremlins!) and was packed solidly with the cardboard wrapped around the kite about 3 times.....more like a burrito...and that was the one that had rods broken...

Doug - only took 7 days total (well and a weekend).....so time wise it was not bad.....

all is all it is working out in the end......just humorous that the kites we exchanged both got treated this way....

ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 05:06 AM »

I have had boxes delivered like that here in the states... Angry

"Do what you like"
kiten00b
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 09:01 AM »

how long were the packages?
once you get over about 40", they seem to get bent more
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 09:47 AM »

the curved one is about 38".....and mine was about 47".....

i have shipped 90" boxes before without issue.......just funny......def. looks like both slipped off the top of a pile and then fell underneath a bunch of other boxes...

Charly
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 12:05 PM »

Remember that Gorilla that use to test luggage???  He lost that job and now works in the USPS shipping department... Cheesy

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document