GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 12:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: snow!  (Read 4362 times)
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 02:37 PM »

Snow has been delayed here.... shifted from rain to snow a couple of hours ago.  Accumulation through the evening and night.  Looks to be the heavy stuff.... less than fun to shovel.

Like the segment blue caps on the awnings, John... a lot.

ATB,
Sam
Gardner
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 03:18 PM »

About that snow in Texas, the ground has been covered for the last two weeks and temperatures have been above freezing until today. Sad  And we expect more snow tonight and tomorrow.  This has been a miserable winter for flying since last November. Cry

Gardner
the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 03:31 PM »

ADX 1582 says that there is no snow in Chicago.
By Golly, we have lots of snow down here and the politicos around here are wondering where we are going to put it. It has been decades since we have had snow like this. I'll call up the board of stupidvisors right this very minute and tell them that we need to fill up these empty coal cars - that are coming back from Norfolk - with our snow and sell it to the Chicagoans, Shucks, we could bring the citizens of Chicago happiness beyond their understanding and some of us might be able to get our cars out of the driveways and/or parking spaces. This might be a solution for Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia and all of the Virginia airports and parking lots and malls and schoolyards and particularly (AHEM) MY DRIVEWAY which I have had to shovel out 4 times already.
By GUM, I'm a'gonna send this here suggestion to the Governnor too, right now. He has been a'wondering what to do with all of this frozen water and I'm a-thinking that he might get a big push from the Electorate come next election if'n this here idea catches on, we might be able to solve Chicago's snow shortage by the end of next week.

By Golly, with clear thinking like this, I might have a shot in the next presidential election.

Stoney
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 06:10 AM »

we had a good 40 inches overall, with drifts to much higher depths in Germantown. 
Found a place to fly nevertheless though,.... a parking lot used to empty the snow-dump trucks and re-stacking with a front-end loader.

Wife works in Frederick at the army base,
It's closed until further notice,.... roads are white-out and completely impassable, zero lanes 27 people stuck overnight or longer in the vehicles.
Winged V
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 08:46 AM »

Hey REVflyer,
Had 40 plus inches up here too ! Will be flying in a parking lot also this weekend. Hope to FLY with you soon its been awhile....Damn think its been since Nationals in G burg !! Lets get together.

c2thew
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 01:58 PM »

^ nice shot john!

it's freezing down here in los angeles.  65 degrees.  brrrr

Crandall
Weekend hobbyist
 (wish list) rev b series, white pyro delta the 20 foot model?

http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty5
http://tinyurl.com/KiteP6
http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty7
http://tinyurl.com/KiteParty9
KiteParty10 (coming soon)

My Kite Bag: http://tinyurl.com/795dn9g
Makiah
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 08:05 PM »

NICE shot, from you ^, too, SoCal.  It's been snowing all day here & supposed to be in the mid-20's tonight; wonder if my P3 can pull me around on the ice in the parking lot at work....

Mack
STACKflyer

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 08:51 PM »

well, we had about 50"+ in Wilmington, DE. 
some pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickcallahan/

Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25 PM »

There's snows right now in 49 of the 50 US states, i've heard.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 02:18 AM »

Which state doesn't have snow right now ?

Dano

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 10:36 AM »

It was only Hawaii that did not get any snow yesterday.
Gardner
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 03:30 PM »

Snow doess happen on the volcanoes on the big island of Hawaii, but there is none right now.  That volcano is 13,800 feet above sea level.

Gardner
Dano

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 03:59 PM »

Snow doess happen on the volcanoes on the big island of Hawaii, but there is none right now.  That volcano is 13,800 feet above sea level.

Gardner

Yep!
http://www.starbulletin.com/news/20100213_snow_falls_in_49_states.html
antman

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 12:34 PM »

14 inches of snow here in wildwood .. weird to see a beach covered with snow .. wish i could save it for a summer snowball fight at the wildwood festival this year

Dano

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2010, 11:58 AM »

What a difference a day makes!  Shocked
Here's a shot of yesterday @ 4pm and today @ 10am

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document