GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 08:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody else around here into NASA and space shuttle type stuff???  (Read 991 times)
Charly
Trade Count: (+17)

« on: February 10, 2010, 04:00 AM »

I am up really early and I have the TV on the NASA channel as I am setting here enjoying a cup of coffee and getting caught up on e-mails and the like.  I have watched tons of shuttle stuff before, but I am noticing something on this shuttle I haven't seen before on the other shuttles.  Watch an over head view of the cargo bay and rear engine nacelle area taken from one of the shuttle or ISS's boom cams.  Anyone else see that large dark round area on the front of the port nacelle just aft of the payload bay door opening line where it meets that nacelle???  It may simply be nothing, but for what ever reason there appears to be a lot of black showing where I know it usually is all white showing.  I know that NASA has lost a tile now and then on the engine nacelle's, but this appears as a fair sized round black area and not the usual rectangular missing tile image.  Anyone???

Thanks
Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:35 AM »

I didn't get to see what you're talking about but the tiles on the RCS pods are square... It must be something on purpose rather than a missing tile or tiles.

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
johnguz76
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 06:42 PM »

I dont see anything dark from this pic.It might just be a shadow.I looked at the hi res pic

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:45 PM by johnguz76 » Logged

"GIVE ALL EXPECT NOTHING"
Charly
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 02:05 PM »

Hello John,
  It is hard to see anything in this tiny picture...LOL  Keep in mind I was watching on a large flat screen.  I am sure if it was anything serious we would have heard about it by now.

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 03:45 PM »

That dark area is where the high powered DNA tracking laser beam is located - they just blurr and darken it out so you won't know it is there.  Lips sealed

johnguz76
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:42 PM »

Here is a better shot.

[attachment deleted by admin]

"GIVE ALL EXPECT NOTHING"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document