GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 02:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COPY CAT kite Manufacture  (Read 16954 times)
711jrp
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 02:45 AM »

If the only other option in the world to get your hands on a cheeseburger was to buy it from McDs because they had the market sewn up like Rev than sure you are.Now we all know that's not the case.So maybe you should go away and think about it for a few more days and come up with a even more dumb example.

Pigs might fly, but only if you bridle them right!!

Pete
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 07:01 PM »

I believe that with every one of our rev that takes to the sky something is stolen from Rev;
With a complete rip off it the price of a complete rev,
I am not of the belief that every Rev-copy represents a lost sale of a genuine Rev. I hold it to be true that many people who would not consider the purchase of one of these kites, for whatever reason they wish to put forward, both are happy and capable of putting a close enough approximation together for themselves.

I know I did.

The kite that I made a long time ago did not represent a lost sale to Rev because it was a kite that at the time was not available. It's long since dead anyway.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 04:51 AM »

I believe that with every one of our rev that takes to the sky something is stolen from Rev;
With a complete rip off it the price of a complete rev,
I am not of the belief that every Rev-copy represents a lost sale of a genuine Rev. I hold it to be true that many people who would not consider the purchase of one of these kites, for whatever reason they wish to put forward, both are happy and capable of putting a close enough approximation together for themselves.

Mike.
i agree with mike here.....i might make myself a revolution shaped kite....but i am not about to go and purchase one.....and i am not about to sell one i make either so rev is not loosing anything from me....since i was not going to be getting anything from them....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 07:15 AM »

I forget what dilect is the most popular in china mandarin or cantonese? Maybe a "counterfeit kites suck" in chinese scrip on a t-shirt.
What does "IT" mean?
counterfeit kites suck
711jrp

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 04:16 PM »

Re Zippy/Thief
Like I said I have done the exact same thing as you and I believe I stole at least something from Rev and I'm man enough to admit it.You say it's OK because you wouldn't be purchasing anything from them,but you didn't mind taking their R and D for nothing.

I forget what dilect is the most popular in china mandarin or cantonese? Maybe a "counterfeit kites suck" in chinese scrip on a t-shirt.
What does "IT" mean?
counterfeit kites suck

Good idea, but can we have something like"but it's OK for us to do it, USA rocks" in English on the back with maybe a picture of Mark with his STepher.

Pigs might fly, but only if you bridle them right!!

Pete
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 06:23 PM »

i have not made a rev.....there are thoughts about it in my mind but i have not done so...
when they started to offer up their rev emblem for homemade ones they obviously were not worried about someone using their r&d....
back to the original post.......there are probably more than enough rev-rehashes on the internet already!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 06:56 PM »

Re Zippy/Thief
Like I said I have done the exact same thing as you and I believe I stole at least something from Rev and I'm man enough to admit it.You say it's OK because you wouldn't be purchasing anything from them,but you didn't mind taking their R and D for nothing.

What does "IT" mean?
counterfeit kites suck

Good idea, but can we have something like"but it's OK for us to do it, USA rocks" in English on the back with maybe a picture of Mark with his STepher.

I was thinking TEAM AMERICA F*** YEAH !
good idea tho
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 08:43 PM »

Or "freedom costs a buck-o-five"...

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
zippy8
Board Moderator

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 08:43 PM »

Re Zippy
Like I said I have done the exact same thing as you and I believe I stole at least something from Rev and I'm man enough to admit it.You say it's OK....
I don't recall doing that.

All I said was that it didn't represent a lost sale to Rev and that is wholly accurate.

Mike.

fworley
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 09:04 PM »

This is developing into quite the most interesting thread here ... in ... oh God .. as long as I can remember  Cheesy

-Frazer
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 10:17 PM »

What was the topic and why do I feel the overwhelming compulsion to send all my kites to Z8?

Huh
anOldMan

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 10:33 PM »

What was the topic and why do I feel the overwhelming compulsion to send all my kites to Z8?

Huh

Because he is such a nice person and he loves new toys to write reviews about.  Cheesy Wink
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:27 PM by anOldMan » Logged

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
Carlton

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 05:07 AM »

Huh

I....I feel the same way......a voice......"send all your kites to Mike, send all your kites to Mike...".   Huh
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 05:08 AM by Carlton » Logged

So the wife asks, "Why learn a half axle if you can already do a full axle?"
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 06:48 AM »

I just feel very relaxed and sleepy... Roll Eyes

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
zippy8
Board Moderator

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2010, 10:30 AM »

Aha... it's working  Grin Excellent.

Mike,
you should see some of the others.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document