GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 02:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: COPY CAT kite Manufacture  (Read 16963 times)
siajauren
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 09, 2010, 05:53 PM »

Beware of copy Aerobe, Starting bloom. Please becareful very bad Quality

The kite Know your character before you know it will fly
TGunn
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:04 PM »

Yep, that's the infamous Tan Bo from Weifang, China that manages a kite factory there. That factory makes illegal copies of many kite brands. Recently, one of my friends saw that they were also making Fake Rev 1.5 B's and Midvents. My friend bought two of them and sent them to Rev and reported them to Ben at Revolution Kites.

Tan Bo has no shame! He and the factory even steal kites designed from legitmate Chinese kite factories. Many dedicated kiters including myself that actually know Tan Bo, have told him to stop making illegal copies, but he doesn't care as long as the factory makes a profit. Angry
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:30 PM by TGunn » Logged

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:20 PM »

My friend bought two of them and sent them to Rev and reported them to Ben at Revolution Kites.
ah...but as far as everything i have seen/read/chatted about there is nothing that Ben can do since they are in China.....

BTW - This is the same Weifang, China kite factory that Peter Lynn kites has make most of their smaller mass produced kites.
I read a really interesting article about the world of phone/mp3 player/electronics copying....the day shift would make the REAL product and then at night another shift would come in and produce the same items for other company names.....the exact same stuff......amazing...seems that you have to get a GREAT factory to work with and probably pay them out the nose to keep them from doing this......

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Kitelife

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 10:10 PM »

They've done more than make copies...

From what I've heard from a number of my own reliable sources in Asia, they've actually done counterfeit B-Series complete with Rev logo and my signature.

No shame indeed, they don't give a &$%#@&, real Jabba the Hut mentality.  Angry

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 11:22 PM »

"My good friend from Weifang, Mr. Tan Xin Bo..." Troy Gunn, KiteLife 43.

"It is always great to catch up with Tan Xin Bo..." Steve Donovan, KiteLife 60.

Sounds like a great bloke...  Huh

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
bell

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 12:41 AM »

Bell Chiu
lasapcheong

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 01:00 AM »

Some history on the pictures Bell posted. If I'm not wrong, the 2nd - 4th Pictures from the bottom were taken from a kite festival in Malaysia last August 2009. The Aerobe clones I believe are still non existent yet. Fella was going around intently scanning the design on the Aerobe and HQ Horvath Hybrid into his head.

Recently just last weekend (February 2010) in another kite festival in Malaysia (where the OP's pictures were taken), the Aerobe clones made their first apperance. Fast eh?

The dual line stunt kite at the very bottom I'm sure some of you will recognize - Clone of Flying Wing's Soul

The saddest thing that I have seen so far is that not just the cloning of the kites alone, the fothermucker seems to be quite popular with some of the regular clique of the kite community at the festivals here. $$$ talks I guess.  Roll Eyes

-Darryl
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 01:03 AM by lasapcheong » Logged

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
TGunn

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 01:38 AM »

"My good friend from Weifang, Mr. Tan Xin Bo..." Troy Gunn, KiteLife 43.

"It is always great to catch up with Tan Xin Bo..." Steve Donovan, KiteLife 60.

Sounds like a great bloke...  Huh

Mike.

That was back before we found out the crap he and his factory were doing.

Troy Gunn

TGunn

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 01:45 AM »

Yep, that's the infamous Tan Bo from Weifang, China that manages a kite factory there. That factory makes illegal copies of many kite brands. Recently, one of my friends saw that they were also making Fake Rev 1.5 B's and Midvents. My friend bought two of them and sent them to Rev and reported them to Ben at Revolution Kites.

Tan Bo has no shame! He and the factory even steal kites designed from legitmate Chinese kite factories. Many dedicated kiters including myself that actually know Tan Bo, have told him to stop making illegal copies, but he doesn't care as long as the factory makes a profit. Angry

Fake Revolution from TAN XIN BO

Troy Have you ever seen this?HuhHuh

Detail refer to following Link

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30981424&id=1212228674&fbid=1327755953275

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30981424&id=1212228674&fbid=1327755953275#!/photo.php?pid=30981423&id=1212228674&fbid=1327755913274

Sia ,
Yea I saw a pic of that one and another one recently.

Troy Gunn

Kitelife

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 12:38 PM »

Golly that's a horrible looking copy... See the striping in the black fabric?

Ugh.

I wanna kick someone in the nuts.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
anOldMan

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 04:05 AM »

Someone must be selling these kites knowing that they are copies. Maybe there is the place to try and stop the buying and selling of copies

And it is not just the Orient that is doing this. There is a company in Germany that has been coping SLK and will not stop.

I would really hate the legel community to get involved via copy right laws but it maybe the only alternative.  Cry

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
imarche
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 04:30 AM »

The other pictures were took by Chua Lin(imarche) during last year 5th Borneo IKF 2009. Chua and I saw "it" picked up that gray Aerobe and start scanning...
Eric

Hey Eric,
No wonder the photos looked so familiar! Remember our conversation last August at Bintulu when we saw "IT" picking up the Aerobe? 6 months down the road and the "Copy-be" is out. Guess the Horvath Hybrid is next....

Guess "IT" is getting a huge coverage on Facebook and the forums now. The more ppl are aware, the better it is for the community.

In the single line show kites/inflatables arena, I'd guess copying is more difficult given that each is unique. What I heard  is that "IT" is a manufacturer for some of the brands..From some hearsay, he manufactures for one of the most recognizable designers in this field. He is very popular in Asia region as the kite festivals here are centered around single line show kites and he manufactures for anyone and supplies materials as well. It's the sport kite (2/4  lines included) community that is fuming...

Chua

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:32 AM by imarche » Logged

lasapcheong

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 06:09 AM »

I just can't understand... China herself has ton of beautiful and unique kites. Like their most famous eagle hovering kites that can fly and glide in no wind to high wind like real eagle. Why not develop their own kites, like inventing their kites more durable and lasting, using carbon fiber frames and ripstop fabric instead of bamboo and paper... instead of copy other foreign kites? Shame... I myself feel embarrassed cause I'm a Chinese or an Asian too...

Eric, you don't have to feel embarrassed. This is not an issue with the colour of our skin, but rather the colour of greed manifesting in Mr Boo's eyes.

Guess "IT" is getting a huge coverage on Facebook and the forums now. The more ppl are aware, the better it is for the community.

I guess the issue of pissing off only stunt kite fliers and makers may change with the coming on his Aerobe clones for now. Truthfully, I'm not sure how many kite fliers out there do have a facebook account and peruse the forums for this to have a TAN-gible impact hahaha  Lips sealed

What I think may work would be to make a T-Shirt that says something like "Down with counterfeit kites" or something like that and wear it at kite festivals.

No I'm not joking. I'm deadpan serious. A Protest T-Shirt  Angry

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32 PM »

Enough with the "IT" already.

The guy may be a kite counterfeiter but he is still a person for crying out loud.

Just because one individual does something reprehensible doesn't mean another should follow suit.

jeeze..
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:39 AM by JimB » Logged
dino.auo

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 05:50 AM »

Another way is stop invites him to participate in any kite event.  Lips sealed Lips sealed
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document