GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 07:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodega Bay (The Return)  (Read 1741 times)
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 12, 2010, 08:42 PM »

The wife and I are geating out of G.V. for the weekend, will be heading to Doran Beach with the Cab-Over for three days, hoping the winds are kind and no Rain

« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:18 PM by King-J » Logged

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
mikenchico

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 11:39 PM »

Sweet ride John, hope you get some light steady breezes to give that Exile UL a proper shake-out. Enjoy yourselves - Mike & Rhonda

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Turkey9186
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 08:09 AM »

We had talked about going, but life got in the way.

You going in April for the Kitefest and sandcastles?

Jerry
King-J

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:17 PM »

The only problem with last minute decision to go Camping at Bodega Bay on a three day weekend, is if you don't make reservations 10 days in advance there are NO SPOTS AVAILABLE, drove all day on Saturday to find a spot along the coast and ended up in Fort Bragg (100 miles North), they had about four spots available, most of the campground closed due to the high surf and flowing into Lake Cleone, Small area of beach to fly on Sad, no more then 50' lines Sad, until a big wave just about swept us out in to the ocean Sad, the wife wet from head to toe Cry, kite bag soaked Cry, my Metal Detector soaked that I now need to send back to Whites for repairs Cry, battery on camper not holding charge Angry, the generator battery going bad Angry, had to pull start, the camper heater going out on the last day Angry, but the plus thing is I had light winds and was able to fly the Moonie in a field next to the old access road Grin.

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
Turkey9186
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:44 PM »

Sounds like an almost perfect weekend camping.
You should have backtracked the fifteen miles to Lawson's Landing/Dillon Beach.  They are still open, just most of the pasture/marsh area fenced off now.  No hookups other than a water available and a dump station though.  Oh yeah, get used to cows wandering thru your campsite!  They do have a couple miles of beach to fly on though.
Jerry
mikenchico

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:20 PM »

Sorry to hear you had so many glitches, well you know now what you have to do for mantainence early in the season. We had a weekend camping trip like that once, but we started in Fort Bragg, ended up down to Half Moon Bay before we found an open campsite, I guess a bit better though since nobody ended up in the ocean who didn't intend to be there. Better luck next time.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 07:11 AM »

Whoa. I read in the paper that camping was the cheapest way to have fun, guess everybody else read that too.
Will note for future "reserve waaayy in advance. Say how bout the youth hostel on Fort Baker? 72$/night(private room). dang prices went up too. Woldnt need the RV tho. Beautiful place tho. Point Reyes has one too i think.
kitebug
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 09:57 AM »

The wife and I are geating out of G.V. for the weekend, will be heading to Doran Beach with the Cab-Over for three days, hoping the winds are kind and no Rain

King, The BASKL Gang will out at BB, Doran beach next week! come hang out with us

Volando!
Cisco
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography