GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 07:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 25th Wildwoods International Kite Festival!  (Read 3550 times)
Sky Festival Productions
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 14, 2010, 08:53 AM »

Hi Everyone,

As of today, the 25th Wildwoods International Kite Festival is 102 days away - woo-hoo! - and with the snow especially in the north east, Memorial Day can't come soon enough!

A great big hello to everyone and I hope you & yours are all doing well.  It's been that time of year again when I begin working feaverishly on WIKF and am looking forward to seeing you all.  There are a lot of great things taking shape on this end and as time progresses, I'll post here with updated info to keep you in the loop.

The registration form is just about complete and I should have that out to all the east cost clubs (I don't have any other club addresses), Regional Directors, and will post it here if the site allows.  Naturally, it will be posted on the Sky Festivals web site (www.SkyFestivals.com) on the "Events" page.  As soon as it's available I'll drop a post to advise.

This years anniversary event is sure to bring folks out of the wood work beginning with Sam & Annie Ritter and Peter Kouklamanis!  I'm trying to coax Sliceman out of a Buffalo, NY hybernation though I may need a bit of help, so please feel free to harass him - I told him it wouldn't be a true 25th without spandex & tye-dye!  :-)

One of the items being worked on is a 25th Anniversary photo collage that will be displayed in the Gallery (Meeting Room 2) of the Wildwoods Convention Center (along with other displays) and we'd LOVE your help!  We'd love to have a copy of any photo's you'd like to share with us from any of the past 25 Wildwood events - I'm sure there are some interesting ones out there. :-)    Pauly Berard's girlfriend, Tara Goncalves, is spearheading this project and she can receive your photos either via email or your hard copy photos (which will not be returned) to their address.  Tara's email address is taraj999@hotmail.com; the address for mailing hard copy photos is 28 Watson St., Woonsocket, RI 02895.  PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, APRIL 25.

Sincere thanks to all of you who have ever come to a Wildwood, to those who are guests, to those who are part of the Op's team and to those who need a reason to come to Wildwood - you've got one this year, it's the 25th anniversary! 

I look forward to seeing you all!

Warmly,
Beatrix
Sky Festival Productions

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 08:21 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Without further adieu, please note that the registration form for the 25th Wildwoods International Kite Festival is now available on the Sky Festivals web site at www.SkyFestivals.com on the "Events" page!

Please note a few things:
*  kindly complete and return whether you are competing or not - everyone flying on the field MUST register;
*  hard copy (snail mail) registrations must be received no later than Saturday, May 15, 2010 to be considered pre event registration;
*  for those of you who print, complete and scan the reg forms back to me via email (this is not considered "hard copy"), the deadline date for these is also no later that Saturday, May 15, 2010;
*  one of the many items in the works I can share with you that's new is a "Butterfly Migration" - any of you who have Butterfly kites, be sure to bring them with you for the Butterfly Migration that will take place!;
*  as additional information is confirmed, I'll be sure to let you know!

As always, sincere thanks for those of you who have any part of beng involved with this festival, I truly look forward to seeing you all soon!

Warmly,
Beatrix
Sky Festival Productions

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 04:38 PM »

Hey everyone,

There's a few things I'd like to bring to your attention re WIKF '10 . . .

*  if you are attending & need to make lodging reservations, you may want to do this sooner rather than later - I've just learned that on the Sat of the event, May 29, there will be the unveiling of a permanent memorial wall (replicating the one in D.C.) in the park that is directly next to & north of the Oceanic & across from the Wildwoods Convention Center.  Other activities will be taking place there also throughout the day including arts & crafts, a live band, etc.  The point to note here is that when they erected a temporary wall three years ago, it drew 20K people just for that event alone.  Hence, they are expecting an even larger crowd and are closing the streets near this area on Sat.  If the event drew 20K three years ago on a temporary wall, it's going to draw an even larger crowd for the permanent wall, and sleeping rooms/lodging will be scarce;
*  if you haven't already completed & sent in your registration forms, I would greatly appreciate it if you could do this as soon as possible;
*  if you haven't already done so also and you have photos you would like to include for the 25th anniversary photo collage, please get them to Tara Goncalves also as soon as possible.  Tara has not received a lot of photos and we would really like to make this a spectacular showing, so if you could dig into the photo box and get them to her, that would also be fabulous.  Via email Tara can be reached at taraj999@hotmail.com or via snail mail she can be reached at 28 Watson St., Woonsocket, RI 02895.  PLEASE BE SURE TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, APRIL 25.

Additional news & updates will be coming down the pike shortly and as always, sincere thanks to all of you who attend this event, I truly look forward to seeing you all in less than two months (and yes, anxiety is already setting in!)

Warmly,
Beatrix
Sky Festival Productions

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 08:50 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Well, it's coming upon us in just 27 days!!!!

If you haven't already gotten your completed registration forms in to me yet, please do so. Note, they must be in no later than May 15 for pre registration. Even if you are not competing, please complete the form for insurance purposes. Executing this in advance will shorten your wait in line at registration on site.

Also, please be sure you are sending them to the address on THIS YEAR'S registration form. A few of you have sent it to last year's address and I will not be receiving them.

Thanks so much to all of you and I can't wait to see you all in less than 4 weeks! C'mon, let's the party started!!!!!! :-)

Warmly,
Beatrix

TGunn
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 02:54 PM »

I wish I could attend this year, but my daughter graduates from H.S. that same weekend. Cry

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
Smplcty

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 05:16 AM »

Hello everybody! My name is Jayson aka(smplcty) I am new to the forum and i have been flying dual line for about a year. I live in Cape May and will be attending all weekend. I hope to make some new friends and maybe learn a thing or two. I will be the guy walking around in awe with a yo-yo on my side! Can't wait!
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 06:10 AM »

See you there !

Sky Festival Productions

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 07:33 AM »

Hey everyone,

Oh my GOD, we're less than two weeks away - woo-hoo!!!!!!

Ok, there's a couple of things I'd like to address in advance in the spirit of all of us being on the same page and having a great time . . . .

Field usage for the primary fields - Festival Field (the largest and north field), Field 1 (center, west), and Field 2 (center, east) - on both Sat & Sun will all be shared this year in a little bit of a different way as last year. 

Field 1 will be utilized full throttle in the morning hours for varied non-Rev events, i.e., running of the bols, candy drops, Fighter Kite, Fugu Frolic, Scott Spencer Kite Makers Competition, Rok Challenges, etc., both days.  On Sat, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 1:30pm; on Sun, Field 1 will be utilized for these events until 12:30pm. 

On Sat, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 1:30pm; from 1:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1.  On Sun, Rev flyers will have Field 2 from the beginning of the day until 12:30pm; from 12:30pm on, Rev flyers will have Field 1.

The Festival Field will be "split" into 1/3 & 2/3 for Sat & Sun also, meaning that the west 1/3 side of that field will be utilized from 2:00pm-4:00pm for events which would normally take place in Field 1, with the east 2/3 of the field being utilized for large kites.  The purpose of doing this is to allow all events to take place and for the Rev flyers to have a space to fly. 

As you can see, everyone will be working together in order to allow all events to take place and to provide my client with what they're wanting to take place, which ends up being a win-win for everyone.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me via email!

Thanks very much to EVERYONE who attends and/or participates in whatever way to this event - without ALL of you, this certainly wouldn't be the event it is!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!!

Warmly,
Beatrix
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 05:28 PM »

There's no buzz about this...

It's the 25th annual, I figured it would be huge...

I've only heard from 3 other people who will be there, and lots that won't.

Is anyone else planning on going ?

~Rob.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 05:44 PM »

I was hoping to go but a wedding interrupted that thought.......
I know that baggywrinkle is going and bringing his Zimmerman dragon wyvrex

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 06:46 PM »

For anyone who can't make Wildwoods... and is in our area... Milwaukee will be holding our annual "Family Kite Festival" on Saturday and Sunday (29th and 30th) as well!

Can't be in two places at the same time... Darn!  Cry

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 06:59 PM »

WW here i come! rev riders alllllllll the way
Smplcty

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 05:01 PM »

I am 10 minutes away so i will be there. Prolly just as a spectator because i am still a noob Roll Eyes
melnsct
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 06:25 PM »

driving there now......12 hours from TN......see y'all in the morning!

Melanie in Tennessee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document