GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 02:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Nexus Phone  (Read 1475 times)
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« on: February 15, 2010, 02:55 PM »

I tried out my friends latest greatest Google phone and wow, it's fast, powerful and has slick/quick ways of getting around. I didn't realize how overly simple the iPhone is.  For the average consumer, the iPhone is easily the best phone. For a power user who can handle a lot of features the Google phone is the best. 

I apologize for saying that multitasking isn't important in a phone.  I've changed my mind now that I've used the nexus.

I'm almost sort of kinda thinking about switching.  I'll wait to see what iPhone OS4.0 is like.  I don't give a crap about iTunes media so that isn't a factor for me in switching. I want more power, efficiency and and customization.

I'm a little worried about Google world domination.  I'm not sure I want to support that. 

* forgot to add that the Nexus has much better notification ability than the iphone.  Various blinking lights on the outside, various ways of showing info within the OS.  Much better for power users.
fworley
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 03:16 PM »

I tried out my friends latest greatest Google phone and wow, it's fast, powerful and has slick/quick ways of getting around. I didn't realize how overly simple the iPhone is.  For the average consumer, the iPhone is easily the best phone. For a power user who can handle a lot of features the Google phone is the best. 

I apologize for saying that multitasking isn't important in a phone.  I've changed my mind now that I've used the nexus.

I'm almost sort of kinda thinking about switching.  I'll wait to see what iPhone OS4.0 is like.  I don't give a crap about iTunes media so that isn't a factor for me in switching. I want more power, efficiency and and customization.

I'm a little worried about Google world domination.  I'm not sure I want to support that. 

* forgot to add that the Nexus has much better notification ability than the iphone.  Various blinking lights on the outside, various ways of showing info within the OS.  Much better for power users.

Well ... the Google Phone has come along 2+ years after the iPhone afterall.

I'm  sure they'll be compelling features / functionality in OS 4.0 ... lets just hope you can upgrade without new hardware Shocked

-Frazer
kiten00b
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:46 PM »

maybe check out the Windows 7 Phone
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 02:39 AM »

HTC also makes some pretty sweet phones with similar features.  The Hero is currently my phone, and it's pretty amazing.  I have never had any thing 'i' but those folks around here are pretty impressed with the Hero.  I also don't know how available these are over in the US.  But they are still eclipsed by the new Nexus/Google offering.  Their Windows mobile phones are also fantastic on paper, the Touch HD 2 for example.

Just a thought.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Jeff

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 07:10 PM »

HTC also makes some pretty sweet phones with similar features.  The Hero is currently my phone, and it's pretty amazing.  I have never had any thing 'i' but those folks around here are pretty impressed with the Hero.  I also don't know how available these are over in the US.  But they are still eclipsed by the new Nexus/Google offering.  Their Windows mobile phones are also fantastic on paper, the Touch HD 2 for example.
Just so you know, the Nexus One is actually made by HTC.   Wink

and
obijuankenobe

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 07:14 AM »

Is it really?  That's hilarious.  Here I thought it was Google breaking into the cell phone business.  That's actually a relief.   Cheesy

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
fworley
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 07:23 AM »

Is it really?  That's hilarious.  Here I thought it was Google breaking into the cell phone business.  That's actually a relief.   Cheesy

Duh !

They are ... as are Microsoft

http://gizmodo.com/5471805/windows-phone-7-series-everything-is-different-now?skyline=true&s=i

D'you *really* think Apple manufactures the iPhones ?

Do you ? Really ? Roll Eyes

Heres a concept for you ... its called "outsourcing" - I suggest you Google that.

-Frazer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:25 AM by fworley » Logged
obijuankenobe

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 08:17 AM »

Wow.   Cheesy

Frazer, somehow you always manage to find a way to jump on any pseudo-opportunity to try and make yourself look so enlightened while public insulting others.  I am constantly surprised by you on these forums, I'll give you that.  Everytime I think you might be a reasonable guy in a douche's clothing, you rise to the occasion yet again.  Thanks for not disappointing, and for stooping low enough to take the time to clarify my myopic view of the world of phone manufacturing.  It's a wonder Steve hasn't made you a moderator yet.

I think the iPhone is a bit different.  Apple makes other electronic things, don't they??  For me, it wouldn't be quite as crazy as Google making phones at least.  I'll freely admit that if I thought about it for more than two breaths, I would have guessed that Google didn't start a factory to make phones, but I might not have guessed that HTC would be the particular company making them, simply because the name was obscured.  When they use the Google operating system, and they have already an established name in the business, it seems at least a little odd that they would drop their name, or that Google would ask them to.  Why not the HTC Google? 

And if Apple doesn't make the iPhone, fine.  But what other phones does the company/manufacturer that makes the iPhone also make?  I think it's an interesting question, but please don't waste your time answering.  I Googled it.  At least 30 manufacturers were involved in making the first iPhone, none of whom themselves 'brand' phones with their company name and logo.  And now it's still more than two.  So somewhat different than simply outsourcing to HTC, and known manufacturer of phones.

I still think HTC makes some nice little gadgets.  Smiley

obi 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:20 AM by obijuankenobe » Logged

fworley
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 08:35 AM »

Frazer, somehow you always manage to find a way to jump on any pseudo-opportunity to try and make yourself look so enlightened while public insulting others.  I am constantly surprised by you on these forums, I'll give you that.  Everytime I think you might be a reasonable guy in a douche's clothing, you rise to the occasion yet again.  Thanks for not disappointing, and for stooping low enough to take the time to clarify my myopic view of the world of phone manufacturing.  It's a wonder Steve hasn't made you a moderator yet.

LMFAO ... grow up FFS  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You learn something everyday ... and today ... Obi learned to Google !

-Frazer
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:42 AM by fworley » Logged
ezme6
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 02:00 PM »

I think all phones suck, the world was much better off without them.  Cool

"Do what you like"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography