GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 12:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antelope Island, Utah 2011  (Read 8522 times)
Wakeless Kites
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 05:54 PM »

Well here we are looking at next week for this event, been alot of work, had some challenges, like the promoter backing out with the concerts. No worries we had so many request from local bands we had to cut them off, got lots of vendors, and lots of kite talent.

Hope some of you can make it
Sept 3, 4 and 5

http://www.antelopeislandstampede.com/index.html
kitenut75
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 07:48 PM »

Would love to be there but it costs so much to fly up there (almost US$3k), do remember to post loads of pics so I can relive the moment Kevin  Wink

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2010, 03:47 AM »

Will do Ben Grin
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 07:40 PM »

What an epic event, I quad rocked it, Gibians art was all over the air. Penny was a blast, Scott Hampton had even more ground art, Everyone came together with an energy that made the event special for us, which made it special for the crowd. We are waiting for the final numbers but we think we may be better than last year crowd wise.

Over 200 pictures posted on FB
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 09:19 PM »

Props to Kevin Reynolds (with papa Mike) and Jug Buckles for their big kite displays, as well as Kent Kingston (tirelessly teaching spectators), and the local yokels too... Jeff Tomlinson, Todd Copeland and everyone else who worked it all weekend.

Definitely on my return list, if they let us come back... Thanks for putting on such a killer event Kevin. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
jeffersz

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 10:19 AM »

Such a great time, and a real pleasure meeting all the talent that was gracious enough to come out and support the event. Already looking forward to next year!  Grin
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 04:16 AM »

Time to start planning for Antelope Island 2011, Sept 2, 3 and 4th labor day week end. Can confirm returning fliers, I Quad, Penny, and others

See ya there

Kevin
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 01:50 AM »

Can't wait, one of the highlights in 2010 for us... A really great time. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 07:16 PM »

Ok got a confirmed list here….
The official Kite Vendor for the event will be Kent Kingston, owner of A Wind of Change kite store out of Las Vegas. One of the top rated kite stores in the country. http://www.awindofchange.com/
IQuad with
John Barresi
TK Barresi
Bazzer Poulter
Steve DeRooy
Willow Robin
David Hathaway
Also
Spence Watson,
Penny Lingenfelter
Scott Hampton
Jug Buckles
Kevin Reynolds and his dad.
Simon Craft
Ron Bohart
Ron Gibian
Lots of local fliers
Big Kahuna Beach Party Friday night followed by fireworks, Neal Diamond impersonator Saturday night and again with the fireworks, BMX big trick Demos all three days, a 5 and a 10 k run and walk sponsored by the city of Syracuse, food, drinks and fun. This is the third year the kites have been involved and it just keeps getting better and bigger. Attendance for the last two years, (as reported by the Utah state parks) has been around 20 k each year.  We might be attracting a lot more this year. The event has grown and I want to thank the other members of the BOD for your support and helping to make this a premier Kite event for the intermountain west.
I really hope that some more of you can make it and if you are planning to attend and fly kites, please let me know so you can be on the main field. Since this event started, I have meet more new kite fliers out there and that is what this event is about. Introducing people to kiting and let them see what can be done with a kite. We will have a learn to fly field to get the kites in the hands of the people; we will be flying with people, not just for them.

Hope to see you there.
Thanks for your time and attention and your consideration
Kevin Bayless
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 08:00 PM »

Bambi and I are thinking about coming this year.

Where should we book a room?

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 04:49 AM »

John;
Here is a link to the event, go to the lodging link. that is where we are all staying, we are split up between the three hotels, all next to each other. Call me if you have questions.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 11:01 AM »

I'm working on it. Long drive, but looks like a great event. I dig hot air balloons.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Dano
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 11:08 AM »

I'm working on it. Long drive, but looks like a great event. I dig hot air balloons.

Would your route be coming through Reno, Allen?
Allen Carter
Board Moderator

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 11:22 AM »

John;
Here is a link to the event, go to the lodging link. that is where we are all staying, we are split up between the three hotels, all next to each other. Call me if you have questions.

There's like a dozen hotels on that Lodging page. More info?

Allen, AKA kitehead
Allen Carter
Board Moderator

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 11:24 AM »

Would your route be coming through Reno, Allen?

I'd have to drive a bit extra to avoid it...   Wink

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum