GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 01:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Antelope Island, Utah 2011  (Read 7689 times)
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2011, 12:26 PM »

Really looking forward to the event this year.  Great time with tons of people and lots of fun.  The nice thing is that the kite fliers pretty much have the entire field area to ourselves and usually there is plenty of room, just have to watch out for the cow pies LOL.  Hope we get great wind.

Wakeless Kites
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2011, 02:33 PM »

There ia a group od marriott properties in Layton, Townplace Suites, a courtyard and a Fairfield inn, those are where we are staying, any of the hotels listed in Layton would work well, the Hampton inn is right accros the street from the other three I listed.
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2011, 06:57 PM »

just 16 days to go......

emegaz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 10:07 PM »

I am gonna try to make this event sounds really fun. Is their a fee or anything I need to know about?
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 12:52 PM »

Antelope Island is a state park, so there is a fee to enter into the park.  I think it is $10.00 / day per car load. (Kevin can verify this).  There is no other fees for the festival though.  There isn't any real internet or ATM access on the island though, so you will want to bring some cash with you before you get out there.

No fees at all for flying or for any of concerts.  Food and other activities will cost you though, nothing different than your normal state fair or similar event. Face painting, BBQ pits, funnel cakes, wings & burgers, bouncy houses, trinkets and craft booths, etc... etc...  It is a really fun event with a very pleasant country home-town feel.  Concerts pretty much all day long with different bands that are pretty darn good.  The night balloon light up is really awesome.

May want to bring a cooler full of drinks though, last year it was a scorcher and $2.00 waters / $3.00 soda's from the tents are a bit expensive. 

Kevin also has some things set aside for the "pro" kite flyers, pre-register with him and let him know you are coming and he can get you set up.  Basically, if you can fly dual or quad and are willing to do some teaching with the crowds, you are a "pro" kite flyer. Smiley Smiley

Wakeless Kites

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55 PM »

Entry on the island is 15.oo per car this year, that is really the only change, I will have lots of drinks for the fliers and bring your cameras, there is lots to see.

The idea of this event is to bring kites to the people, we encourage fliers to teach people, answer questions, if conditions are right we fly right up in the crowd.

Last year there was such a great feeling amoung the kite fliers, and we are looking for the same this year, a great big, fun fly.
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2011, 04:25 PM »

wind wasnt that great but i had a great time, met some nice kite fliers

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2011, 12:55 PM »

the sunburn i brought home from three days in the sun can't damper the enthusiasm i have for all the wonderful people i met and had the chance to spend a little time with. thank you all who were there for making it such a fun experience.

Fdeli
Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2011, 03:38 PM »

Heck Darren, I thought i seen you getting a little red last time i was down there and we flew on a full moon night.  Wink

I bet is all worth it though..
Sounds like a great event for the 1/2 point between "Kite Parties"

I'm gonna have to try harder next year to schedule it.
Wakeless Kites

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22 PM »

Thanks to everyone who came out, it was a blast.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography