GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 04:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for beginner video for Rev Blast (or really any rev kite)  (Read 2241 times)
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: February 27, 2010, 07:48 PM »

I won a stink bid on a 2010 Rev Blast ($99) so now I need to learn how to fly the thing.

Do you know of good video's of starting out on the Rev?

Paul

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
Texanpilot
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:36 AM »

I have the video (VHS) for the Super Blast.  If you're interested, I can send it to you for $5 to cover the mailing envelope and postage.  I don't have a VCR, so it's pretty worthless to me right now.
Let me know via my profile e-mail address.

Steady winds, y'all.
Robalex
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 01:33 PM »

Have a look at this:
http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3793-kitelife-rev-tutorials/
Hope it helps.
jeepersjoey

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:16 PM »

Thanks for the website...I saw those three video's but that is for winding string, unwrapping and launching.

I am looking for more generic...how do I not create a $100 broken twig the first time out.

Thank you tho for the post.  There has got to be something out there!

Paul

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
jeepersjoey

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 08:19 PM »

Texanpilot...THANKS!!!!

Please check your email and you will be (slightly) richer in a few days!

Paul

jeepersjoey

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 05:03 AM »

Well...ya'll can continue this thread if it helps others.

As You may have seen in another post...the REV BLAST that I received was a knockoff.  Since I have no interest in driving a "Chevy Imp" rather than a Chevrolet Impala...I have decided to pursue a REAL Revolution Kite at a later date.

Anyone selling a Chevy Imp from India?  By the theories of the guy who sold me the REV BLAST...you can have two products with nearly the same name being sold as separate items.  Riiiiiiiiiight.

socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 05:47 PM »

That really sucks to hear about this knock off. If I were you I'd try to dump it on CL and try to get your money back or at least some of it. Just don't post it as a Rev or anything like that.

st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 08:37 PM »

That really sucks to hear about this knock off. If I were you I'd try to dump it on CL and try to get your money back or at least some of it. Just don't post it as a Rev or anything like that.

And  would  you like  some one  to  dump a knock off  kite in your lap  as a beginer Quad line kite flier HuhHuh

Good air always Bobby
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 11:53 AM »

We'll have a great many more Rev tutorials coming out over the next 2 months, stay tuned. Wink

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 02:36 PM »

And  would  you like  some one  to  dump a knock off  kite in your lap  as a beginer Quad line kite flier HuhHuh

Meaning to "dump it" BUT, not "dump it" as a Rev.....pretty much repeating myself.

So in other words don't try and pull off any shenanigans when selling it. Just tell it like it is. The thing FLYS right?Huh  Bottom line it IS a 4 line kite and I'm sure it flys too. It's just not a Revolution and the buyer should be made aware of that and let them decide if they're interested in it or not.

I suppose he can just have a bonfire with it then and bite the bullet.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:45 PM by socalman320 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document