GWTW Forum
November 27, 2014, 06:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: flying wings bag  (Read 749 times)
david barnby
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: March 02, 2010, 09:31 AM »

anyone know what the inside sections of the bag looks like? the outer pockets in steves pictures look like they have spaces for lines in separate pockets but hard to tell

what about the kite section, is it just an open cavernous space or are there separators or some kind of holder like in the hq padded bag for rods and to stop the kites floating around?

more info please - my big brother will need at least 20 of these  Smiley
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 10:12 AM »

more info please - my big brother will need at least 20 of these  Smiley

Hola, Dave.

JC posted some additional (4 pictures) with more details of the FW bag, starting here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej/2010Kites#5440957526385669570

ATB,
Sam
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 10:13 AM »

Many pictures start here on my "new" Picasa website:

You can easily download the full size pics for inspection.

Remember little brother, max inside dimension is 63", so no AirFX kites.
Oops, looks like someone beat me.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 03:27 PM »

The inside of the bag is wide open with straps fastened to the bottom to additionally secure the kites to the bottom of the bag if necessary.  For travel that would be great but for normal use, I just leave the straps in the bottom and that allows me easy access to slide the kites out of the end (like any normal sausage style bag).  The zipper does wrap all the way around the end to the bottom, so the end of the bag can be "peeled" open just like a banana which gives you unobstructed access to every kite in the bag.  Other than the straps fastened to the bottom, it is just an open cavity style storage, no other dividers are there.

The side pockets each have individual vertical webbed sleeves for 4 linesets each. Along with a zippered inner pocket to stuff tools, extra linesets etc..  The overall size of the pocket is very nice but can start to get a little full if you stuff the inner pocket and the outer sleeves full of linesets & stuff.

The second outer pockets can be completely unzipped, removing the exterior cover leaving only the inner pocket for storage - or it can also be used as a second pocket stacked onto the first.  Again there are two of each of these.  I am sending the outer covers in to be custom embroidered for me which I hope will look great. Smiley

Hope that helps.

John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 04:46 PM »

Many pictures start here on my "new" Picasa website:

You can easily download the full size pics for inspection.

Remember little brother, max inside dimension is 63", so no AirFX kites.
Oops, looks like someone beat me.

Pictures are looking great John, nice job. I like Picasa way more than that other stupid site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum