GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 06:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That Time of The Year.  (Read 952 times)
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« on: March 01, 2010, 04:07 PM »

No, not tax time.

Steve keeps telling me Spring is coming to Northern California.

We've got another Two Months of potentially heavy snow fall here.

This is the time of the year when it gets hard to get out to the kite field.

Either the weather and wind aren't cooperating or the spirit and the flesh are weak.

It was almost Fifty Degrees here today. Winds were quite high, about Twenty, and gusting higher. Snow was standing Six Inches and soft at the field.

I hadn't really planned to get out Today. It's been at least a Month since I've flown. I have vents: what the Hell.

Man, it was good to get out and fly.

It's going to be a long slog to May just the same.

Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:16 PM by JimB » Logged
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 04:17 PM »

I hear you, Jim. Wish I had your resolve. It'll be late May around here.  Smiley

Went over the the east side of the divide two weeks ago to see the kids. Had to stand firm on spending a couple of hours at the park since I could see most of the grass.  Grin

Bob
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 05:35 PM »

Too bad you couldn't get out yesterday. The wind averaged ~5mph, went as high as 8, and as low as 0mph. It wasn't as warm, but I ended up sweating anyway. This time of the year is great... no crowds !
~Rob.

xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:12 PM »

Didn't have the snow, in fact it was pretty much t-shirt weather yesterday. My issues were it was so choppy and gusty:~2 to 12. I had the Zephyr and E3 out but not for very long. It was a little scary while flying the Zeph... the gusts would come out of nowhere! Would have been a better day for foils, or SLK's up high.

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 07:18 PM »

Heh, heh, Cheesy

Kites in the snow. You poor bastards. It was like about 75 degrees here. Darn nearly sucked to be at work.

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 01:17 AM »

Heh, heh, Cheesy

Kites in the snow. You poor bastards. It was like about 75 degrees here. Darn nearly sucked to be at work.

75 ? That's almost getting too hot to fly ! Makes me sweat just thinking about it...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum