GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 12:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** NEW *** - Toxic by R-SKY  (Read 6986 times)
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 02:37 PM »

Regardless - it is a criminal shame that a company works hard in producing / refining / developing a brand new product for our industry and then gets hammered into oblivion before the product even gets out in the hands of the people the designers worked hard to build it for.  I can only see this type of behavior causing even more kite makers to throw their hands up in defeat rather than face the constant ridicule and banter that they get from doing what they love.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  I think the kite looks fantastic and really don't care if it happens to be "close" to that of the Nirvana or any other dual line stunt kite out there!  After all, how much variation can you REALLY have when designing a dual line stunt kite?  With the thousands of kites and designs (panel layouts) that have been done over the last 20 or so years, it would be nearly impossible to build something today that wouldn't be similar to something done before - accidental or not.

I look forward to seeing/flying the new Toxic and hope that it and R-Sky continue to push the envelope in kite development and design.

Is it time for Kite Party yet?  I gotta get out of this office. Smiley

I just wanted to get a comment in before it was to late.

xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 02:39 PM »

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
fworley
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40 PM »

Regardless - it is a criminal shame that a company works hard in producing / refining / developing a brand new product for our industry and then gets hammered into oblivion before the product even gets out in the hands of the people the designers worked hard to build it for.  I can only see this type of behavior causing even more kite makers to throw their hands up in defeat rather than face the constant ridicule and banter that they get from doing what they love.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  I think the kite looks fantastic and really don't care if it happens to be "close" to that of the Nirvana or any other dual line stunt kite out there!  After all, how much variation can you REALLY have when designing a dual line stunt kite?  With the thousands of kites and designs (panel layouts) that have been done over the last 20 or so years, it would be nearly impossible to build something today that wouldn't be similar to something done before - accidental or not.

I look forward to seeing/flying the new Toxic and hope that it and R-Sky continue to push the envelope in kite development and design.

Is it time for Kite Party yet?  I gotta get out of this office. Smiley

Are you going to buy one then ?

-Frazer
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 03:37 PM »

Nirvana std (3)
Nirvana Ul
Nirvana VTD
Nirvana Black gold frame
Nirvana Icone 10th an.
Nirvana SE Icone
Nirvana NSE
Nirvana NSE Icone
Nirv...
+++++++most of the other models avai. from Roger (Krystal and so on) all of them been a blast to fly but none were even close to a JoE, a Viper or a BMK in terms of finish.
Always a little thing to make you think about the $/value ratio...

The new Frank!
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2010, 10:50 PM »

Nirvana Black gold frame
Nirvana SE Icone
Nirvana NSE Icone
Wut ?  Embarrassed

Specifically... what's a Nirvana Black and what's the difference betwixt a Nirvana SE and a Nirvana NSE ?

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2010, 02:57 AM »

Guess  I had to many of these last night. Replace that by Black Diamond frame and NSE with NFX Wink

The new Frank!
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2010, 04:58 AM »

No matter what, R-Sky makes great looking kites. I've heard of the quality issues that some people may have had but I've got a full set of Nirvanas, Team Next Up, and a NFX Sport and they're all beautifully made kites. Even if I'm not able to fly them to the best of their ability, I'm keeping them because I love the panel layout and someday I WILL be able to fly them.

I like the Toxic but I'm not skilled enough to think about getting one.

Bob D.
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 07:38 AM »

A little thread pruning has taken place. Play nice or play elsewhere. That is all.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Carlton
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 04:17 AM »

+1
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 04:20 AM by Carlton » Logged

So the wife asks, "Why learn a half axle if you can already do a full axle?"
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change