GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 05:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My new Sabre II  (Read 1696 times)
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: March 05, 2010, 02:51 PM »

I'm really enjoying this kite....

Review to follow soon...

tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:17 PM »

Quite a looker - sharp looking!  Smiley

6 kite tom
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 05:18 PM »

great looking kite, but i have to say, the environment looks as hospitable towards kites as a pit of spikes or a blast furnace.

find thee an open field fine sir!

Fdeli
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 04:03 AM »

I wonder if Will is making these for orders?  Oldflyer and I have very similar taste in kites.  Will?

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Will Sturdy
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 05:31 PM »

Yes I am
oldflyer

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 01:34 PM »

Go on Obi - get one - I promise you won't be dissappointed. It's a lovely smooth kite!  Smiley
oldflyer

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 01:36 PM »

great looking kite, but i have to say, the environment looks as hospitable towards kites as a pit of spikes or a blast furnace.

find thee an open field fine sir!

I promise I only fly it in nice open spaces. I would have loved a shot of the Sabre II flying over the suspension bridge but it was too risky.  Smiley
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 02:43 PM »

Sweet kite.
Great picture too.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 03:03 PM »

Nice looking kite.

Can't wait for the flight report.
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 09:06 AM »

Great color combo 'oldflyer' ...mind if I 'steal' your custom color combo when I order mine?  Wink I plan on ordering one from Will down the road when I have the funds for one.

I got to fly Will's Saber II (correct spelling) down @ Treasure Island in January and loved the way it flew. Oldflyer is right with his 'smooth' flight description ...very smooth & precise ....great trick-ability also ....in Will's capable hands! Will has done some major 'tweaking' of the original Saber and the new Saber II is much more to my liking. The turning radius is much tighter than the older Saber but still has locked on a rail solid corning capability!
oldflyer

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 02:05 PM »

Great color combo 'oldflyer' ...mind if I 'steal' your custom color combo when I order mine?  Wink I plan on ordering one from Will down the road when I have the funds for one.

Go for it!  Smiley
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 03:30 PM »

Go for it!  Smiley

I feel kind of dumb now after realizing your color combo is a 'standard' one when ordering Will's Saber II. Somehow it just looked different to me at first before comparing it. I guess it was due to the fact that your Saber is 'backlit' in your photo and it really makes the colors pop!

Good luck with it and enjoy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document