GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 02:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a genuine REVOLUTION BLAST kite?  (Read 15724 times)
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: March 05, 2010, 06:18 PM »

So I see this kite on ebay without a minimum.  I bid $100 and no one else bids.  I call this a STINKBID.  You bid a small percentage of the actual cost and every yr or so you win.

It gets delivered today and I am questioning whether this is a real 2010 REV BLAST as it was advertised.

Looking at the REV website it has a different design than the REV BLAST shown.  I question whether such a radical design really happens between years.

Can you provide real facts that it IS or IS NOT real?

[attachment deleted by admin]

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
kiteslinger
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 06:59 PM »

is "not"

if the sail doesn't have the word revolution it IS NOT genuine

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:06 PM by kiteslinger » Logged
Beachbum
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:25 PM »

We ID'd the kite as "Not Revolution" in chat earlier.  Fortunatley Joey should get his dough back soon.  As a bonus hopefully we got Ben a new punching bag.
Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 07:35 PM »

As a long time Ebayer I know the buyer you got this "KNOCK OFF" from.  He fills all of his ads with words that are words used by Revolution.  Words like "SLE", Blast, 1.5, and so on.  I would demand my money back and file a "NOT AS DESCRIBED" complaint with PayPal and Ebay both.  What you have is an "Air-Extreme III made in China.

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
kiten00b
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:27 PM »

Rev BLAST

60 Day Money Back                     2 Year Warranty                     Online Price: $349
This is the newest model for 2010.

Rev BLAST

Each kite comes with a waterproof black protective carrying bag.
Information from the manufacturer:

Rev BLAST Kite

The Rev BLAST design is our newest and most powerful model for 2010, measuring almost 10 feet long and 2 feet wide.  We have totally redesigned the leading and trailing edges to increase performance and control.  These kites are built from super light weight carbon fiber frame and rip resistant, nylon composite fabric. These quad line kites are designed for extreme power flights and control.  They can dive, climb, spin, flip and turn with a flick of your wrist. Great fun for kids and adults of all ages.

Warning: Avoid cheap imitation power kites which do not carry at least a 2 year warranty.  Stay with the brand you know and trust.
wow.
just wow... Roll Eyes
Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 10:00 PM »

The guy on Ebay selling these knock off "Revolution" products is a real piece of work.  He has had an on going feud on many of the power kite forums over his listing knock off power and traction stuff besides his knock offs of Revolution stuff.  If you find his ads on Ebay you will see he is also attacking Bob Child's and his forums.  It is a real shame that Ebay won't do something to stop this seller and his ripping off other companies.  If any of you are Ebayer's please contact them and complain about this sellers abuse.  I know that if he gets enough complaints Ebay will pull the plug on him.

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 10:45 PM »

And sometimes, not even then.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
imarche
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 12:28 AM »

And sometimes, not even then.

Mike.

Second that. Copies from China comes with iQuad logos...if preferred.

Chua

DGomberg

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 03:06 AM »

We have succeeded in having EBAy remove a number of infringing designs. The process is tedious, but seems to work. Of course, the complain needs to be filed by the owner of the design or their agent and requires constant attention.

Much rather use the time making new stuff.....

David
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 04:50 AM »

I said in my email to the seller:
Dear jonesband1998,

Please confirm that the kite that was sent to me was the kite as listed in the auction. A design of a "REV BLAST" on the REV website does not look anything like what I received (but only 2009 are listed on the website...was there a complete redesign for 2010?).

According to the REV website all their kites appear to have "REVOLUTION" on the sail. This one does not state the manufacturer and only states "AIREXTREME III".

I search on the web for "AIREXTREME" does not lead me to the REV website.

This cannot be confusion on the name since the Revolution website calls all their product by both REV and REVOLUTION.

Please help ease my mind that I received a genuine REVOLUTION kite.

He said: Hi,

This is a Rev Blast and you can find it at www.extremekites.eznet.biz.  These are 2010 models according to the manufacturer.  We do have a 60 day full money back guarantee if you are not happy with the product.  Thank you.

Jim

I have asked for a refund of the kite, string and handles...$150.  I also wrote a quick letter to REVOLUTION KITES...we will see if he returns my email.

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 05:20 AM »

heck, you might just keep it. have what fun with it you can, and chalk it up to experience. should you return the kite, you may find yourself out of a hundred bucks AND a kite.

one thing is for sure, i wouldn't feel bad at all for revolution. if you buy one in the future, great, but they've extracted their pound of flesh from most people on this forum anyway. they'll be just fine.

Fdeli
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 05:34 AM »

Since you paid with PayPal getting your money back will be quick & painless. Whatever you do, don't keep this POS. It would only encourage the POS selling them to keep up his thieving. File complaints with both eBay and PayPal first off, then write Ben D'Antonio @ Rev and let him know about this so Rev can take action too.
You may not get your shipping costs back, but better to write off $9 to learning than $100+  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2010, 07:24 AM »

I was curious who might be making these knock-offs, then saw this.

What's wrong with this picture?  Cheesy  Wink

Bob
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2010, 07:29 AM »

I was curious who might be making these knock-offs, then saw this.

What's wrong with this picture?  Cheesy  Wink

You have to wonder who the moron was that attached the bridle.  Roll Eyes

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 07:37 AM »

Actually, it just looks like the lower left line is wrapped behind then over the top...
or am I missing something? Roll Eyes

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change