GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 08:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a genuine REVOLUTION BLAST kite?  (Read 14855 times)
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 07:40 AM »

Actually, it just looks like the lower left line is wrapped behind then over the top...
or am I missing something? Roll Eyes
It looks to be clearly attached to the LE.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 08:39 AM »

Actually, it just looks like the lower left line is wrapped behind then over the top...
or am I missing something? Roll Eyes

Ummm...  yeah, the bridle's twisted, but the spar is in front of the sail   Wink

Bob
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 12:50 PM »

Vertical rods should be on the back......
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 03:48 PM »

Yup! I missed that part!  Embarrassed

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
TGunn
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 07:51 PM »

This same knockoff model was discussed 2 years ago on the Rev forum, and last year on kitelife.com forum here:  http://kitelife.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3233-brand-new-airextreme-iii/page__pid__21247__st__0&#entry21247?s=3afe1214959a58509ac325709a113ac5

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 09:46 AM »

The uprights are on the face too. Definately no infringement on the Rev design there, if as the buyer you put the bridle on the "Rev" way and switch the uprights to the back  you're in trouble  Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 09:48 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Kitelife

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 01:29 PM »

I used the eBay reporting system about 3 days ago, citing seven different listings (with blatant use of copied Revolution graphics and brand name) for copyright violation... I just checked with a search for "rev blast", glad to see all the blatant one-to-one copies I reported are gone, now it's just the ones with significantly different graphics, although they still use "rev" and "blast" in the titles.

Seems to me the process works well enough to be worth using.

Just reported three more blatant SLE copies, we'll see if reporting works again and how long it takes.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:35 PM by Kitelife » Logged

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Charly
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 04:14 PM »

If you do a search for "rev kite" all of this guys ads for the knock off Revolution stuff comes up.  Search his stuff for sale and you will find he is also trying to sell knock off traction and buggy stuff.  Thus his fued with Bob Childs and others.  He slanders Bob Child and his forums.  With the huge amount of upset people reporting this seller for many months it is a SHAME that Ebay hasn't done something about it long before this.

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
Gamelord

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 04:38 PM »

He has now resorted to using names that are "close" to the original but slightly different.  As for his cheap crap buggy - he referrs to it as "flexfoil" instead of "Flexifoil" attempting to suggest that it is the same brand and quality as a Flexifoil product -when in fact it is a gross inferior copy.  People who have been suckered into purchasing his "chrome plated aluminum Flexfoil" buggy have reported issues with the steering yoke falling apart while riding, frame rails bending and or breaking and the whole front fork doing full 360 degree turns without stopping - all very serious issues that could cause major injury or even be fatal.  Not to mention that it has the cheapest chrome plated steel (not aluminum) which rusts like it has been dipped in acid within days of the first use.

He is also knocking-off power kites like HQ's Montana - calling it a "Nova Extreme" - trying to capitalize on the HQ/Nova marketing and trying to dupe un-educated customers into thinking his products are actual factory production products instead of cheap imitation knock-offs.

I too have reported him to flea-bay many times, but the adds seem to stay there time and time again.  They were removed at one time, but the scum simply created a new user (now called Jonseband1998) and put the same crap back up.  Maybe this sleaze has some type of relationship with the "It" over in China???  Not sure but it sure hurts our industry when these losers try to pass off these inferior products that don't fly or perform worth a crap to new pilots wanting to get into this sport.

Hopefully with these threads popping up all over the internet on various forums, people will get educated on rip-off artists like these guys and it will make it harder for them to prey on unsuspecting customers and continue to rip people off while lining their pockets.

jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 06:25 PM »

I sent the kite, strings and handles back today.

Stay tuned to hear if I get ALL my money back.

This is what he wrote: "You may return the kite to the address below for a full refund.  Once the item is receive, we will email you a cancellation request.  Once it is cancelled and positive feedback is left, we will also reimburse your return shipping costs.  Please include a copy of your return shipping receipt so we can reimburse you.  Thank you."

So...I only get the money if I give 'em positive feedback.

Recommendations of what I can write to STILL get all my money back but still warn others???

As a manager once said about a previous employee "You'd be lucky to get him to work for you".  hehe

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 12:16 AM »

If you want your shipping click positive with a neutrally worded response along the line of "product received not as described, payment refunded". At this point he appears to agree he miss-lead you and is refunding your expense.

If you don't mind loosing your shipping you could get ugly but he'll dispute it which will take it offline while the dispute is investigated. Since he can show he refunded your purchase price per your agreement it'll most likely be deleted. Even if it should be decided it stays up if he sells a lot by the time it goes back on-line it will have rolled so far back nobody will ever see it anyway and it won't make a significant change to his overall feedback.

These have been on for over a year, they won't be going away IMO, a sad situation,

We had a local flyer show up one week at the field, he had bought quite a few of the knockoff foils, he wouldn't admit ebay when asked though, none of them flew anything like the first one he had purchased at a store on the beach so he was a disgruntled kite enthusiast because of these practices, another customer & friend lost  Sad   ebay is hastening the demise of many industries with it's neglect.

<political comment withheld  Lips sealed>

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:50 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 06:29 AM »

I sent the kite, strings and handles back today.

Stay tuned to hear if I get ALL my money back.

This is what he wrote: "You may return the kite to the address below for a full refund.  Once the item is receive, we will email you a cancellation request.  Once it is cancelled and positive feedback is left, we will also reimburse your return shipping costs.  Please include a copy of your return shipping receipt so we can reimburse you.  Thank you."

So...I only get the money if I give 'em positive feedback.

Recommendations of what I can write to STILL get all my money back but still warn others???

As a manager once said about a previous employee "You'd be lucky to get him to work for you".  hehe

If you filed a complaint with ebay & PayPAl you'll get your money back. After that happens leave appropriate feedback.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
jeepersjoey

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 06:30 AM »

I like the neutral wording.

Two additional things have surfaced...
1. After the auction he sold me strings and handles for $49.  They are listed in his auction saying that if you want them after the auction has ended to let him know.  Once I won, he sent a message asking if I wanted them.  He added the cost to my total bill.  I sent them back...hopefully this is also refunded.
2. I looked over the ebay retribution site and when I clicked on that auction it came up that he will refund the cost of the merchandise but it says shipping is the responsibility of the buyer.  Total cost was only $20.

Neither are major issues.

I hope that this will be resolved by the weekend.  Time to move on and fly!
Paul

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 06:59 AM »

Yeah, they won't leave feedback on you until you have left yours, in most cases negative feedback on a low volume buyer looks much worse. If you've bought two items with one negative that's 50% negative and some sellers won't even consider your bid. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As others have done here, file complaints with ebay on false representation, keep your ebay account clear if you do shop there. I do but 99% of things I've bought are just like going to garage sales, from private parties, maybe one or two items have come from those running stores.

jeepersjoey

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 01:26 PM »

Well...I stated:
"I will not be leaving positive, neutral or negative feedback and I expect you to do the same" in my email.

They paid me the $160.50 that I was originally out (includes shipping to me).

I paid the $12.15 to ship it back to them.

Crappy story all around.

But, I got money back!

On a positive note...I flew the 2-line delta for 6 hrs on Sunday and broke one spine and one leading edge!  Life is good and I am getting better at flying...still the same at crashing tho!  hehehee  Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document