GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 01:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a genuine REVOLUTION BLAST kite?  (Read 15739 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2010, 09:38 PM »

This guy is starting to get on my nerve.

I wrote him to introduce myself and to let him know that the GWTW Forum was not owned by Bob or John and to "nicely" ask him that he remove GWTW from his libelous web page.

Here is his response:

"Check your postings on their forums.  Your postings link you directly to them."

Interesting as I don't believe I have ever posted to any of the forums he refers to (other than this one of course).

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
ozonejim
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 06:58 AM »

I asked him for photos of the damage to the Rev1.5 and Blast. But i'm not going to hold my breath for the response.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 07:53 AM »

by now this guy is probably going to notice an increase in the attention paid to him and his listings and must be realizing why......

that whole libelous page is a hoot though!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 01:02 PM »

Straight off his domain whois...

Registrant Address1: 3909 Burke Road Suite 3613
Registrant City: Pasadena
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 77504
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Phone Number: +1.7135171391

The voice mail there actually has Dan answering, the same guy who wrote me.

I live about an hour away....firebomb or dynamite?

"Do what you like"
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 01:16 PM »

Flechettes?? 

Sorry.... probably not very PC.

ATB,
Sam
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2010, 01:50 PM »

The related discussion on Rev's forum now comes up on the third page on Google under "Kyson USA"...

All towards the end of giving regular folks access to a wide variety of independent feedback, let our higher power(s) sort out the rest.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
DWayne

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2010, 02:02 PM »

Flechettes?? 

Sorry.... probably not very PC.

ATB,
Sam

Beehive rounds, I like it.  Grin

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
indigo_wolf

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 02:46 PM »

All towards the end of giving regular folks access to a wide variety of independent feedback, let our higher power(s) sort out the rest.

No problems with that... some of my comments were definitely tongue-in-cheek if not readily apparent.  I do find it a bit interesting/worrisome from the third link I posted to their website that Kyson might actually be acting as a distributor for some unnamed manufacturer for knock-off third-party kites and associated gear. The power kiting and buggy stuff is particularly worrisome if they are not up to snuff.

ATB,
Sam
Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2010, 12:13 AM »

I was just crusing Fee Bay when I noticed our mutual friend has changed his current ads.  No pictures of his quad kites in his ads, and no more words like SLE, Blast, 1.5, or REV...LOL  Could it be he finally saw the light???

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2010, 12:40 AM »

Reading his responses to people and his responses to honest feedbacks left on 'that auction site' I'm pretty sure he's still in the dark   Roll Eyes   

Anybody else notice how anybody who left negative although truthfull feedback was said to have not paid for the product and was a competitor of his trying to hurt his business?   Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Maybe he got a little pressure?

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2010, 05:42 AM »

Here is all the mailing info I have.  We have a phone number!  hehehe!

Hi,

You may return the kite to the address below for a full refund.  Once the item is receive, we will email you a cancellation request.  Once it is cancelled and positive feedback is left, we will also reimburse your return shipping costs.  Please include a copy of your return shipping receipt so we can reimburse you.  Thank you.

Kyson USA
3909 Burke Road Suite #3613
Pasadena, TX 77504
USA

Thank you.

Jim

Kyson USA
CHARLOTTETHAO2@YAHOO.COM
281-683-8313
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 07:35 AM by Steve » Logged

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 05:09 PM »

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with eBay and they've agreed that this [libel] listing violates their policies on several levels.

I've been assured that I'll receive some sort of communication from eBay in the next 48 hours regarding resolution.

Score a win for Rev, Kitelife, GWTW and everyone else who was wrongly assaulted through this jerk's activity.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 05:27 PM »

It gives me a perverse thrill to know that this started with me.

A positive is that the money was already considered out of the checkbook so I was able to support Steve and buy a 4D instead!

Whoo Whoo!

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2010, 04:02 PM »

But the listing is still up, still stating the item will go to the highest bidder over a 24 period.  I can easily see it has been up for over 105 hours by looking at the bidding history, if a fool like me that doesn't know or have full access to the ebay system can prove in 5 seconds that this is not a real offer but the use of the ebay system to slander honest merchants and manufacturers why can't they? In another 2 seconds if I had access to their system that post would be gone. but it's been 76 hours since I sent 5 proofs of the false listing for 5 different violations of ebay stated policy and now it's been 24 hours since John B talked to them on the phone.

It's obvious to me that ebay is in full support of these actions in order to increase their bottom line by a few dollars at the expense of honest hard working people.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
quincy
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2010, 04:42 PM »

This is why I don't do ebay. If you get ripped off, there is no recourse unless they agree to help. They are not in the same jurisdiction as I am, so there is no legal remedy I can take. Ebay and Caveat Emptor are synonymous.

Doug
Bouncing over the white clouds, killing the blues. - Roly Salley
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change