GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 08:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozone for sale. Pricing question  (Read 992 times)
mojozia
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: March 07, 2010, 01:36 PM »

I have a blue/green Ozone in excellent shape for sale. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for what I might ask for the kite. I see that selling a kite on GWTW is a first come first served deal, that no auction exists. Is it uncool to post a link to ebay, and then let the market decide the price of the kite. Will I be kicked out before dinner tonight?

Also, what might I ask for an old grey/green elixir sail only?

Same question for a Stranger with a broken leading edge.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 02:29 PM »

quick answer: ebay links are bad.....

the best thing to do is to put a price on it that YOU feel represents what you think it is worth.....YOUR opinion....if it is too high according to the masses they WILL let you know! both by not purchasing it and most likely there will be a few posts grumbling about price (even though they are not supposed to post that in your thread if they read the rules).....

use the search function in the upper right and see if you are able to find any sort of near-to-item-or-price to your items and just post it....cannot hurt....

if you have someone that can vouch for you on here that is always good too...

also make certain to post pictures of the items (the masses will clamor for that!)  if you need help posting pictures feel free to ask (me or anyone else).....

shipping...how will the item be shipped? where is it coming from?

welcome to the forum! we not only have lots of people here to purchase kites but also LOTS of information to share!!!!

Our gracious administrators words on the subject: http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=28.0

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 02:35 PM »

I have a blue/green Ozone in excellent shape for sale. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for what I might ask for the kite. I see that selling a kite on GWTW is a first come first served deal, that no auction exists. Is it uncool to post a link to ebay, and then let the market decide the price of the kite. Will I be kicked out before dinner tonight?

Also, what might I ask for an old grey/green elixir sail only?

Same question for a Stranger with a broken leading edge.

Ebay links are a no-no.

Last Ozone I bought was $128 insured and shipped with original sleeve.  It was mint, if not like new.

A framed Elixir might go for $150-$180 in mint condition, so work down from there.

Don't have a real good feal for the Stranger.  I have gotten a mint one before in the $80-$115 range.  Depending on price and color, I would be interested.  Is it just a spar break or did the break damage the sail?   What's the condition of the bridle/fittings?  Sleeve?

ATB,
Sam

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 04:05 PM »

75 for the ozone to me  or sam i want yours back!!!!

have fun kurt
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 04:41 PM »

75 for the ozone to me  or sam i want yours back!!!!

Ozone to you.... the Fire Ozone is currently dating a Flashlight.... it would be cruel to break up the romance.  Cry

ATB,
Sam
Beachbum
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 04:53 PM »

I can tell you that the Stranger's resale is pretty low, even as the trendsetter for it's day.  The reason is due to the sail material, it doesn't age well.

$80 would be my price point on it.
mojozia
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 05:46 PM »

Thanks to all for the advice and welcoming. I did initially try to add photos, but the website decided they were too big. Will try to shrink them on my end. May have to get the wife involved. Advice?

Will list the kites tonight.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change