GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 04:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Toys  (Read 3776 times)
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« on: March 11, 2010, 04:36 AM »

I got a few new toys yesterday.  Cool

Haven't had a chance to fly this yet.

Did get to fly this in 1 mph.

This kite is amazing.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 07:15 AM »

nice! hope you enjoy them.

is that the padded HQ bag?

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 07:41 AM »

It looks like a Vector bag, given the oval opening.  I almost bought one last year, but decided to go with the RSky bag instead.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 07:58 AM »

Dwayne:
when you get a chance can you give a review on the bag???

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
bryan beasley
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 08:37 AM »

'Thumbs up' smiley.

Nice one Denny.

Bryan
DWayne

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 09:36 AM »

Thanks Bryan. Thanks Devin. I got some more SUL wind this morning and its suppose to pick up this afternoon. I'm hoping to get the std in the air before the day is out.
Jared is right. Its a Vector bag. Its a pretty impressive bag IMO. The outer shell looks to be 500d ballistic nylon. The inner liner looks like silver space blanket material. Its well padded and really well put together. On the front is an oval zippered pouch with cell phone pocket, pen pocket, zippered pocket for an mp3 player, and a couple open pockets for whatever. Inside the front flap there's 9 mesh, velcro'd pockets for line sets and 4 more a bit smaller pockets for ?? There's 3 long (aprox. 42cm) mesh pockets on each of two sides of the interior. It looks like it will hold a dozen kites comfortably. It has a carrying handle and shoulder strap on the top and a handle at each end. There's also a baggage ID slot on the top. I can't compare it an R-Sky bag as I've never seen one of those in person. I would think there are people here qualified to address that though. IMO its a nicer bag than the HQ padded bag.

Denny

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 10:13 AM »

Thanks Bryan. Thanks Devin. I got some more SUL wind this morning and its suppose to pick up this afternoon. I'm hoping to get the std in the air before the day is out.
Jared is right. Its a Vector bag. Its a pretty impressive bag IMO. The outer shell looks to be 500d ballistic nylon. The inner liner looks like silver space blanket material. Its well padded and really well put together. On the front is an oval zippered pouch with cell phone pocket, pen pocket, zippered pocket for an mp3 player, and a couple open pockets for whatever. Inside the front flap there's 9 mesh, velcro'd pockets for line sets and 4 more a bit smaller pockets for ?? There's 3 long (aprox. 42cm) mesh pockets on each of two sides of the interior. It looks like it will hold a dozen kites comfortably. It has a carrying handle and shoulder strap on the top and a handle at each end. There's also a baggage ID slot on the top. I can't compare it an R-Sky bag as I've never seen one of those in person. I would think there are people here qualified to address that though. IMO its a nicer bag than the HQ padded bag.
Denny
how is the opening??? it looks like the opening is offcenter and not the entire length of the bag? are the issues getting longer kites into it? hmm....if you get a chance some detail pix would be grand..... if you do not mind: what did the price work out to on this bag?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 01:14 PM »

And will it double as a kayak if needed?   Cheesy

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
DWayne

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 01:42 PM »

The aprox. dimensions of the bag are 66"L 12"W 7"D

The opening is off center and not full length. No problem getting kites into it that aren't over 66".
@Mike, it is water proof.  Smiley

Denny

Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 02:08 PM »

Will a Mojo or Prophecy fit in it full length? Smiley

DWayne

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 02:28 PM »

Will a Mojo or Prophecy fit in it full length? Smiley
I'm not sure how long they are Kent. The Cosmic TC is a 2.5 meter kite and it fits.

Denny

xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 04:15 PM »

This goes to show you, we never grow up! Denny gets new toys and we're all interested in the "box"(bag)! lol

Nice snag on the kites, D. Sounds like you're enjoying them!

BTW, I also appreciated the bag report Cool

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
indigo_wolf

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 04:35 PM »

This goes to show you, we never grow up! Denny gets new toys and we're all interested in the "box"(bag)! lol

I think that goes to show that:
  • There is currently a gap to be filled in the area of kite bags.
  • There is more than a little feline blood in a some of us (wrt to interest in the "box/bag")  Wink  (thank goodness Denny didn't get a bulk order of bridle cord... that would have been all she wrote  Huh  Huh  Huh).

ATB,
Sam
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 04:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Prophecy doesn't fit in the Vector bag with the leading edges assembled, I know it doesn't fit in the RSky bag, and I've put the Vector and RSky bags side by side (the Vector is just a little shorter). 
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:42 PM »

I think that goes to show that:
  • There is currently a gap to be filled in the area of kite bags.
  • There is more than a little feline blood in a some of us (wrt to interest in the "box/bag")  Wink  (thank goodness Denny didn't get a bulk order of bridle cord... that would have been all she wrote  Huh  Huh  Huh).

ATB,
Sam
Well, Sam, you are definitely right about the bag situation right now. I was just referring to kids at Christmas/Birthday/(insert favorite gift giving holiday) opening expensive toys and then end up playing with the box...That's what I get for having desert humor... Roll Eyes<offers a tall cold one>

I also like the compartmentalization on this bag and was wondering if the inside mesh pockets, the longer ones, would hold quad handles?

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document