GWTW Forum
September 26, 2016, 07:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 34 [35]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doug Stout's Arrow Canard build (split off from the Stunt kite design tool)  (Read 137299 times)
Doug S
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #510 on: June 29, 2016, 03:15 PM »

A Bird of Prey 18 and three Bird of Prey 36Ms ready to be packed and shipped to their new happy homes.  Just finished test flying these four glider kites and I hate to seem them leave.

Yours in kiting,

Doug

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
Doug S

« Reply #511 on: July 09, 2016, 08:15 AM »

As you may be aware, I enjoy using my engineering skills to design, build and trim glider kites.  If you are interested in this aspect of kiting, the following link provides access to my glider kite aerodynamics power point presentation on my Google Drive, which I presented at the Kite Mania North Indoor Event, held in Dedham, MA on April 16 and 17, 2016.  Thank you to Archie Stewart and Steve Santos for asking me to put this together and present it at their great indoor event.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwj9y_lTaMmFTHFOcWJTTWJUNFE/view?usp=sharing

Yours in kiting,

Doug

Doug S

« Reply #512 on: July 17, 2016, 02:42 PM »

In the process of building a few Bird of Prey 76 Patriotic Eagles, which are very time consuming due to the 41 pieces of PC-31 and the hand stitching for the tips of the feathers and the head details.  The following picture is the completed sail for Paul Dugard.  Will finish this one up and have it on its way to Paul this week.

To allow this Bird of Prey 76 to be constructed using other colors, I developed a new layout that is a conceptual blend of the bird layout for the Bird of Prey 36 and 48, and the Patriotic Eagle.  The following illustrates the new layout using my traditional red, white and blue colors, which will reduce the time and associated cost to build this size of the Bird of Prey.  If I were to build more Bird of Prey 96s, this would be the layout I would use.

Yours in kiting,

Doug

Doug S

« Reply #513 on: July 20, 2016, 11:46 AM »

Just finished the Bird of Prey 76 Patriotic Eagle for Paul Dugard.  The following provides a picture of his glider kite.

The following provides a picture of the two Bird of Prey Patriotic Eagles in existence, with Paul's on top and mine on the bottom.

Next is to build two more, with one for Jose Sainz and one for Tom White.  After they are done, I will build the prototype for the less complex version of this size Bird of Prey.

Yours in kiting,

Doug

coogee

« Reply #514 on: July 20, 2016, 12:28 PM »

Beautiful work

Mike

Doug S

« Reply #515 on: September 07, 2016, 11:38 AM »

At the request of my youngest son Jonathan, who is a Junior at Northeastern University in Boston MA, we pulled the cover off of my Laser 2 sailboat and did a little sailing at our local lakes during the month of August.  Use to race this sailboat locally on Lake Hopatcong in the late 1990s/early 2000s.  Fun little sailboat at 14.5 feet and 168 pounds.  Mine looks like the attached picture with the two having fun flying the spinnaker, except my hull is a medium shade of blue, with the Laser 1995 rainbow splash decal on the side of the hull and along the inside of the cockpit.  Picked it up new in 1996, and it's still like new.

We returned Jonathan back to college the end of last week, so I am back in the workshop finishing a Bird of Prey 76 for Jose Sainz.  Just mailed a Bird of Prey 18 to a young lady in Texas.  Will be attending the Cherry Valley Kite Festival in Cherry Valley, NY on September 23-25, 2016 and the LBI International Kite Festival, in LBI, NJ on October 7-9, 2016.  It's good to be back in the workshop.

Yours in kiting,

Doug
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 11:47 AM by Doug S » Logged

coogee

« Reply #516 on: September 07, 2016, 01:38 PM »

Hey nice boat.

I sail skiffs in Sydney, sailing is great fun!

The 24" Hawk in Orcon is very nice for indoor stuff, very slow. A real floater!

Mike
Pages: 1 ... 34 [35]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom