GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 03:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kite Zen  (Read 4352 times)
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 12:05 AM »

Well I'd go 3rd or 4th on the Zen with a Rev 2. Anytime you fly it with amplified music (I hate earphones) is a moment, funnest kite to just dance to the beat with IMO.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Tom P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 07:27 PM »

that was a great read Allen..  I was almost there with you..

We got to fly again yesterday..  wind out of the east but still nice..  just enough to keep a std in the air.

I am so glad to heat that it's possible to learn how to fly revs after flying nothing but dualies..  I want to learn this summer..  I have one just waiting to get in the air..  i am a bit intimidated by it

i learned to fly revs after flying nothing but dualies.  It's not that difficult at all really.  At first you may be moving your arms back and forth a bit; just remind yourself not to do that; it's all in your wrists (mostly)... though there is back and forth movement later when you fine-tune things.  i rarely fly my revs any more... but plan to later on when i have more time.  Right now, with limited time, i am exclusively flying dualies... which is just a preferential thing.

Excerpt lyrics from Rush:
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 05:09 PM »

sunny and warm at the beach today winds out of the west which in my case is onshore. 2-3mph of super smooth breeze flew the ozone that kite has helium in it somewhere the time just flew by i did not have a care in the world aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! did i mention the spring break kids sunning around? my only distraction   KO

have fun kurt
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 06:12 AM »

kite zen, hrmn.
Sunset flys, lightwinds, Floaty tricks, and "Augusts Rhapsody in C Major" from August Rush (the slow sections of the piece) make for a great flight session. If you guys havent heard the piece, look it up on Itunes! Its some good flying music, in my opinion.  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
oyehut1955
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 10:13 PM »

I got more of that Zen today and it just keeps getting better..  I actually made it to the beach twice today..  earlier the wind was out of the east and being the wind snob that i am i could only stand it for a hour or so..  but I had the perfect kite.. the Mantis Dark Moonie and a 100ft tube behind it..  now this and some good music make for a pretty wonderful fly..

I went back to the beach at 3:30..  the wind had switched around out of the west and dropped..  the tide was out and it was time for sweetness!

I hope you all got to fly something this weekend!

"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string"

http://community.webshots.com/user/oyehut1955
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document