GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 08:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flyin at the Gig Harbor Purdy Wa. Spit again this afternoon...  (Read 741 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 14, 2010, 06:18 PM »

Grabbed the HQ Shadow and my sweet flyin little HQ Breeze at the Gig Harbor Purdy Spit.
 Smoooooooooth Wind about 3 to 7 from the SW
Turned on my headsets...and flew to  some of my favorite kite tunes...COLD GREY SKY before the wind died completely!

Stopped on my way home at one of our surplus discount stores for a Moca Freeze...and noticed that they had put up a new sizable kite display that seem to be getting lots of attention?

Looking closely at the display...the quality looked kinda suspect..but for the price, perhaps they would make better kiddie room decoration...than they would serve as kites for newbee future kite addicts? Still a kindava' nice job of display work...

[attachment deleted by admin]
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 07:41 AM »

costco eh?

the dragon one is sort of popular in the UK.....and any rotobox is cool in my opinion.....x-kites has low prices.....

i do have to admit that i am intrigued by the transformer one....interesting...would love to see how it is framed up!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:45 AM »

(eh?)   Wink Lips sealed
I let my membership expire 3 years ago...but still the card lets me get in fer'free...to give me some free-bee  handout treats from the food section that are given so generously from those wonderful old ladies in the eighties..
After sampling their "wares" I head over to the food center and pick up my $1.37 Moca freeze for the trip by to my exiled crib up in the Gig Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaba woods.

(back to da kites and memories of what started my kite frenzeee')
When my young son and daughter were very small we stopped into my neighborhood local drug store for sun tan cream on the way to a week end trip to Cannon Beach Oregon.
My son Ryan noticed a little shiney striped duel line plastic kite in the toy section...on sale for $9.95
Long story both short and long.....

After that great fun week end...both my son and I were HOOKED ON KITES simply because of that one time request from my young son Ryan's  "PLEASE DADDY...I WAAAAANT THAT PURTY KITE!" that he saw hanging in the toy section of a local drug store.

That next Monday...I TOOK A LONG NOON DAY LUNCH BREAK from my  hetic-hell overtime-over budgeted Boeing Windtunnel job assigments and found myself shopping at Kathy Goodwinds Gas Works Kite Shop for the first time.
Thanks to that little drugstore kite and KATHY GOODWIND....both Ryan and I have been HOOKED ON KITES..EVAAAA' SINCE!

attached photo of my son Ryan was over 36 years ago...(and as I type... I expect this kite addiction will soon be "payed forward very very soon...as Ryan is expecting his first born son ANY DAY NOW! 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:50 AM by Sketch » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change