GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 07:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seattle trip info "mass Transpo"  (Read 865 times)
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: March 12, 2010, 07:18 PM »

Hi guys , i'm gonna make a trip up to Seattle, staying in Tacoma, but driving into Seattle or bus into the city. My wallet is still sore from paying to park near tourist areas when i went last year. If you have a sweet spot where you wont get a ticket all day long, I'm all ears.
If you have links for bus schedules or Seattle Sounder something like that, I'd be grateful.
I'm not going to WSIKF this year so Seattles gonna be the focus.
See you at Berkeley tho!
ET
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:45 PM »

http://metro.kingcounty.gov/

Here's one option... try parking your car in Wallingford or Fremont then take the bus into downtown.  Bus ride in is about 10 to 15 minutes.  Also when you do park in a hood, check to see if the street has any "zone number" marked on a post.  It's basically for residents for all day parking and by the hour(s) for non.

http://www.soundtransit.org/x71.xml   
http://www.seattleweekly.com/
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Home
tpatter
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:06 PM »

Seattle Center Parking (right near the needle) is $7 for the day in the garage (intersection is 1st and John, I think - near Belltown). 

A bit north of downtown, but lots of buses to get you around from there.  You can also readily walk to the market or downtown from there if you are not in a hurry - just head toward the bay.  As far as I know, there is no decent spot to fly right near there, but Gas Works is close by car.

There is some free parking downtown, but its filled up fast.  Since the city put the new meters in a few years ago, most spots are pay by the hour even on the street. 

6 kite tom
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 07:37 AM »

So most hoods will have "permit" parking and timed for Calif. plates like myself?
Wow I thought SF was bad. I could try to come early for free spots, but thanks for the info on the number signs.
ORCA pass. It says u load the card with cash and it knows how to dock ur acct. Any yous guys use it? It'll work on ferries and rail but by reading it i'm not sure how it knows how much to collect. Interesting.
A monthly fastpass inSF was 30$ in the 90's but was made of paper, my how times change
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document