GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 08:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for someone in Denver to fly with...anyone???  (Read 2030 times)
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: March 16, 2010, 06:49 PM »

I live North of Denver and the local kite group has not shown for two of the last two get-togethers.

So what that it was 30 degrees...I was out there for 6 hrs and had a BLAST.

Anyone want to come play with me???

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:55 PM »

There is a kite retailer in Boulder.  You might want to check whether they sponser or host any events.

The website for the Foothills Kite Club is here, but outside of monthly flies, their first event is listed as April 10th.

The Rocky Mountain Kite Association is located in Golden.  Their website is here, but it is a tad disjointed.   If you have an account, you might have better luck on their Facebook page.

Denver is also the home of One Sky, One World

There are about 40+ AKA kitefliers in CO, you might want to introduce yourself on the AKA public forum.

So far there are only 3 CO kite events listed this year:
04/10/2010 8th Annual Arvada Kite Festival at Robby Ferrufino Park, Arvada, CO, USA
05/01/2010 Fort Collins Kites in the Park Spring Canyon Park, Fort Collins, CO, USA
10/10/2010 ONE SKY ONE WORLD Stapleton Central Park, Denver, CO, USA

ATB,
Sam

MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+47)

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 05:36 AM »

I'd love to "come out and play" but ski season is my busiest time of year. I rarely get to Denver any more. Still knee deep in snow around the house - and it's been a light year - but I did manage a nice hour on my Revs a few weeks ago in Ft Collins.

Check out the ideas Sam offered. I can give you a contact in FC if you'd like, but he flies mostly indoor in the winter. Arvada is coming up and I'll be in FC May 1.

Bob
johnfarl
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:19 AM »

Send me a message.  I live in Fort Collins.  Fly just about every day.  Always looking for flyers.

John
jeepersjoey

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 01:39 PM »

I've been rather disappointed with the Foothills Fliers.  I called the guy up and he laughed at me when I asked him if he was going to fly that weekend.  Not a good way to start a relationship.  Oh well...it might be better once I meet him.

I am planning on the Arvada festival (since I work 2 miles from it).  Again, I sent a message to the Foothill fliers offering to help with the April 10th thingie but did not get any response yet.

I am planning on the Fort Collins flying.

I am waiting on the One Sky / One World to announce when they will be meeting.

John...I will be taking you up on this!  Are you available Sunday morning (3/21) or maybe Saturday (3/20)?  Is there a good place in FC that you visit?  I live in Frederick which is East and slightly South of Longmont.  Prob a 20-25 minute drive to FC.  As I said, I went to the Longmont park on Sunday and had a blast (abiet by myself).  What do you say?

Paul

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
johnguz76
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 05:23 PM »

I believe Bob Matteo is somewhere North of Denver.I;m thinking he is in Steamboat what thats some 150 miles north of Denver right?

"GIVE ALL EXPECT NOTHING"
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 05:33 AM »

bob is Mtnflyer.....and yep he is north and left of denver a bit...in a beautiful little Wink valley

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
jeepersjoey

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 05:59 AM »

John and I have connected and plan on flying on Sunday.

I appreaciate the name of MtnFlyer but Steamboat is 2.5 hrs away from me.  It is WAAAAAAAAY up in the Mountains.  2 hrs West of Denver probably.

jeepersjoey

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 07:56 PM »

John and I connected for an 8 hr day of flying.  I had fun...but I think I wore out his vocal cords with the number of questions I asked.

What a great day tho!

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 03:55 AM »

that's awesome. it's so nice to have someone to fly with.

Fdeli
RMKA - Co-Organizer
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 07:01 PM »

The Rocky Mountain Kite Association website can be found on meetup.com.  We are located there and also have a Yahoo website.  We fly at Clement Park in Littleton and in Central Park out at Stapleton.  Our next scheduled fly is on May 9th at Central park in Stapleton and on May 16th at Clement park.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography