GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 08:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have question please talk to me. Ty  (Read 7597 times)
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: March 17, 2010, 02:09 AM »

I am a kite Designer and kite maker for more then 20 years, I compete seen 1988 and fly all my kites, I start from an Old school and New school, if you have any question about SD and Fearless kites please feel free to ask me anytime. Remember only SD and Fearless kite, I don't know any other kite. I don't like comparing from one kite to the other. I don't like to go in to the forum anymore because many problem in here. Everyone have different taste. Every kite have different feel, so please do what you want and buy what you like. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Please go to the next table and some will join you there. No one ask you to come here and cause more problem for other people that want to know learn about kitting. Kitting should be fun and help each other not here to fight and see who is the winner. If you want to compete with me, four line and two line from 1 MPH to 35 MPH.  I will see you on the beach face to face anytime. We all live and learn from each other. Remember that. Thanks for reading this.
Have a great day everyone. Take care.

Lam
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:46 AM by Fearless Object » Logged
obijuankenobe

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 02:24 AM »

I have a feeling the moderators have gone and made me miss some of the fireworks here, dang it.

Seriously Lam, don't take ANY of this stuff personally.  Debate about your kites can only be good for you and your craft, which by the way all of us here are interested in having around for a long time to come. 

Folks were making crazy sounding claims regarding the magic of the Fearless, and others are just calling their bluffs.  Any personal attacks are just crazy, and miss the point of the forum.  Unfortunately, it is an open forum, so this happens from time to time.  I think these sorts of debates are wonderful, and as long as we can stay humorous and calm, they make the forum a joy to read and post in.  Could it be better?  Sure.  But if all the threads were sunshine and unicorns, it would all be sorta...lame.  Passion is good.

No one is suggesting that you are marketing your kite dishonestly, or making claims you can't back up.  That's for sure, so rest easy.  You build amazing kites and are master of your craft.  You are losing ZERO face here.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Fearless Object

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 02:41 AM »

Thanks OBI.

One more thing guy, please go and practice and get good at it, maybe some day you might get an invitation to many place to fly with many great pilot around the world, don't sitting here and wasting your time. The reason I am say this because I have many invitation to many country to fly kite and get to travel over the place, drinking beer, eat good food fly on beautiful beach meet nice friend. This year I will be in Viet Nam, France, Malysia and Viet Nam again and few more other, everything pay for and just have fun flying kite and have a great time. So do you think this is a good idea or not? Play safe and have fun out there.

Lam
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 03:32 AM »

Grin

"Do what you like"
inewham
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 03:51 AM »

Hi Lam,
I've read claims of some very wide wind ranges for your unvented UL. Do you recommend flying them in 20mph+ and feel confident they will suffer no harm as a result? Do you personally consider the UL still usable in 20mph or would you prefer to switch to a standard or vent by 20mph.

Honestly, no cynicism intended - if you have developed a UL that will happily fly in 20mph I'm genuinely impressed. Unfortunately I'm not likely to get to try one over here (UK) to find out for myself any time soon and its a lot of money to spend on a kite I've not tried first...

Cheers
Ian

Fearless Object

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 04:42 AM »

Hello Ian,

I will give you the wind range for all my Fearless kites:

SUL fly from 1 to 10 mph

Light fly from 3 to 25 + mph in high wind this kite will go little faster

Std fly from 3 to 25 + Mph and enjoy the high wind condition

Vented Light fly from 3 to 25+ mph, this kite design for wind that go up and down, bumpy wind, so you can enjoy in this kind of wind condition.

Vented Std fly from 3 to 30 mph comfortable and with out worry breaking your kite.

You need three set of line, 50 lb, 90 lb and 150 lb for high wind at 120'

All the Fearless kites have been tested by me personally.

If I go fly, I only need three kites:SUL, Vented light and Vented Std and the wind anywhere from 1 to 30 Mph. if you don't fly in high wind then forget the Vented Std.

I hope this give you a clear answer. Hope that help.

Thanks for listening.

Lam

temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 04:58 AM »

LAMS kites rocks ! i flew the LIGHT  in 20+ mph and it was 3pts in the LE. and it flew 100% i could not really trick it since i didnt have much weight in it however the traction of it was amazing did he contest and rocked it. if a light could do that then any of his kites could do it. 

p.s LAM ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
anOldMan
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 05:00 AM »

Hi Lam,
I've read claims of some very wide wind ranges for your unvented UL. Do you recommend flying them in 20mph+ and feel confident they will suffer no harm as a result? Do you personally consider the UL still usable in 20mph or would you prefer to switch to a standard or vent by 20mph.

Honestly, no cynicism intended - if you have developed a UL that will happily fly in 20mph I'm genuinely impressed. Unfortunately I'm not likely to get to try one over here (UK) to find out for myself any time soon and its a lot of money to spend on a kite I've not tried first...

Cheers
Ian

Hello Ian,

If you can make the Cratock weekend, I will be there with my 4 Fearless kites  (SUL, UL, STD and Vented STD). You will more than welcome to try the kites.

Richard Rymer

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 05:47 AM »

One more thing guy, please go and practice and get good at it, maybe some day you might get an invitation to many place to fly with many great pilot around the world, don't sitting here and wasting your time. The reason I am say this because I have many invitation to many country to fly kite and get to travel over the place, drinking beer, eat good food fly on beautiful beach meet nice friend. This year I will be in Viet Nam, France, Malysia and Viet Nam again and few more other, everything pay for and just have fun flying kite and have a great time. So do you think this is a good idea or not? Play safe and have fun out there.

Lam

Lam, forget about the forum talk. A bunch of us from Singapore are going up to Vietnam next week too. Really looking forward to meeting you for the first time and flying and learning from you Smiley (Hope you have a Fearless out there so I can play with it)

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
Winged V

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 06:23 AM »

Lam,
I am glad to see you HERE again !

Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 08:26 AM »

Vented Light fly from 3 to 25+ mph, this kite design for wind that go up and down, bumpy wind, so you can enjoy in this kind of wind condition.

This is why I ended up ordering the FVL over the STD  and so far Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Tongue
You either like how Lam's kites fly or you don't. I do. I'm pretty impressed with the wind range and very happy with how the kite tricks. Fits me well.

Peace

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 08:28 AM »

This is why I ended up ordering the FVL over the STD  and so far Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Tongue
You either like how Lam's kites fly or you don't. I do. I'm pretty impressed with the wind range and very happy with how the kite tricks. Fits me well.

Peace
If I can ever get my hands on one to see if it likes me, I am thinking one of these could be in my future!

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
jaydub

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 11:17 AM »

If you can make the Crantock weekend, I will be there with my 4 Fearless kites  (SUL, UL, STD and Vented STD). You will more than welcome to try the kites.
Richard,

Does the queue start now?  If I make it down, I'd love to give one a go just to see whether they live up to their reputation.

Jon
streamhawk

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 11:34 AM »

Lam, I'd venture a guess that all the discussion of your kites has probably generated more interest in them than anything else.

Bill
bigwheels
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 12:41 PM »

If anybody would like to try some of the Fearless line I'm traveling south from Oregon this Fri afternoon & will be in Chico Ca. Sat. afternoon & then in San Diego next Mon. thru Fri. I'll have the S,SUL,L, & STD Vented.

Hope I have somebody to fly with.  Sherrell

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change