GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have question please talk to me. Ty  (Read 7602 times)
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 12:48 PM »

I'd be happy to join you at Wildwood Park for a fly. I'd like to at least be able to say I've seen one of Lam's kites.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 02:07 PM »

Sounds like a plan.

You remember where Wildwood Park is Sherrell?  Pretty sure we flew there last time you were here.  At the entrance of Upper Bidwell Park behind the fire station on East Ave. in the NE corner of Chico.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 02:54 PM »

I want to thank you to Steve and everyone here, allow me to speak about my kite & my self

I wish I could see you all at the same place so we can have fun together. Hopefully we will meet some where some day on the field and you can try any kite you like. Today is beautiful sunny day and my kites is calling me and I am so busy to get ready for my trip next week. if you have the time please go out fly now:) Play safe and enjoy your day:)

Please try to understand, my kite does not make everyone smile, so if you don't like it, I have no problem with that. Please try the next one Smiley)) Thank you.

Remember no kite no fun, make the kite work for you not you work for the kite.

Darryl my friend I will see you and all your friend very soon on the side of the planet. Wow that is cool. Take care.

Thanks again everyone.

Good day Smiley

Lam

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:20 PM by Fearless Object » Logged
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 03:12 PM »

Thank you, Lam, for not only your designs, but your well wishes also! I do hope to meet you as well, but if that isn't to be, I would definitely love to try one of your kites and if it likes me, give it a good home.... Cheesy

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 03:43 PM »

Thanks Lam, I'm going flying!!!!!!

C ya

Peace

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
anOldMan
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 05:13 AM »

If you can make the Crantock weekend, I will be there with my 4 Fearless kites  (SUL, UL, STD and Vented STD). You will more than welcome to try the kites.
Richard,

Does the queue start now?  If I make it down, I'd love to give one a go just to see whether they live up to their reputation.

Jon

I will be there Friday, Sat and Sun. I am the old man, bald, with a beard. With the 4 kites, I guess there should not be a problem with the wind. An if it is around 8 mph all 4 should be able to fly. See you there.

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
jaydub

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 04:22 PM »

I will be there Friday, Sat and Sun. I am the old man, bald, with a beard. With the 4 kites, I guess there should not be a problem with the wind. An if it is around 8 mph all 4 should be able to fly. See you there.
Richard,

We met last year, so finding you is much less of a problem than getting there.

Unfortunately it's starting to look as though work commitments may get in the way.  We'll have to see.

How do find the Fearless compares to the other top end boutique kites in your collection?

Jon

Beachbum
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 05:05 PM »

Hi Lam,

First question.  Why did you drop your old "Skymaster" user ID?  Cheesy

The man who knows how to break the Fearless,

Britt
Fearless Object

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 07:22 PM »

Hey brother, long time no talk. I have been busy for little while and now I am back in kitting again. Fly more than before and try to ketch up with you guy:) still learning new thing...

I have the Sky Master user name in the old forum and haven't go in there for long time and forgot my pass word, so I sign up the new user name for the new forum. I am old now and I have short term memories lost some time Smiley Is there any problem with that and why you asking? maybe you have a better name for me:) I will buy it from you:)

Take care

Lam
Beachbum
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 08:01 PM »

maybe you have a better name for me:) I will buy it from you:)

Lamchop?  $1
Lamster?  $1
HamHoacs?  I'll pay you $5
Lam the Fearless?  Priceless

Fly more than before and try to ketch up with you guy:) still learning new thing...

I don't think my skill in breaking other's kites, especially pre-production protoypes is a skill that you should reach for!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 09:37 PM »

hi lam!! just wanted to say hi from another happy fearless owner  flew the light today what a pleasure
thanx KO     

have fun kurt
Fearless Object

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 11:19 PM »

Thanks KO, I glad you had fun out there:) Today wind was up and down all day, I flew my Sul and 6 stack Rev one most of the day. Lots of fun. Now I am getting ready for my trip so I can more fun on the beach in VN. very cool to meet more flyer from 25 country:)))

Take care my friend.

Lam
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 11:47 PM »

Now I am getting ready for my trip so I can more fun on the beach in VN. very cool to meet more flyer from 25 country:)))

See you there...Revs at 20 paces  Grin

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 09:38 AM »

So Steve, did you get to fly the Fearless?

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
anOldMan

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 03:04 AM »

Richard,

We met last year, so finding you is much less of a problem than getting there.

Unfortunately it's starting to look as though work commitments may get in the way.  We'll have to see.

How do find the Fearless compares to the other top end boutique kites in your collection?

Jon

Not an easy question to answer because the kites are so different.

By different i mean: There are precision kites that can do tricks, and there are trick kites that can do precision.

I just can not see, and I do not think it would look good, a person flying a Fearless, Exile or seVen (or QPro - Not part of the collection) as a true Freestyle kite. Always moving from one trick to another without pause or straight line flight. The kites are designed to more across the wind window and made a perfect snappy turn.

Nor can I see someone doing precisions forms with a DS, Talon or Gem. Those kite look best when they are performing slack line moves with no or very little straight line flight between each slack line trick.

It is said that the Fearless and the Exile and others have certain tricks built in to the design. True but what does that mean. The kite is very forgiving with the inputs that are necessary to perform the trick. BUT....

It is like comparing a high powered sedan to a sports car. They are not the same but they each has there own qualities, good and not so good.

Do I favor one type of kite over the other?   NO.   Variety is the spice of life!  Grin Grin

Just my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:42 AM by anOldMan » Logged

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change