GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 08:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heading toward Treasure Island, FL  (Read 1216 times)
normofthenorth
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: March 21, 2010, 10:30 AM »

Yup, NormOfTheNorth is heading South!

I'm making my annual trip south in a couple of days, staying a "baker's week". We used to always stay in Madeira Beach, then my Sis moved North a bit to Seminole. But this year, we're being joined by some other family from CA, so Sis has arranged for us to stay in a friend's condo which is very close to the amazing beach behind the Bil-Mar Hotel on Treasure Island!

We usually get to that beach on the Sunday afternoon of our stay, but this arrangement should make it easier to fly there lots more often.

On the fighter-kiter side, I've already swapped contact info (through Bruce L's "Fighter Kite Central Forum") with Gumby and Terry McKite, and I think we all have fairly flexible schedules, so we should be able to get together a few times before we fly back north.

For the rest of you, please post or message or something, and we can all join in a repeating multi-kite-party thing, weather permitting! Grin

Norm in Toronto
Geoffrey Platt
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 11:21 AM »

I'm in Orlando, if you ever head my way, drop me a line! I am a fellow "relocated" Canadian Wink

Geoffrey Platt
Orlando, FL
normofthenorth

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 11:12 AM »

I'm just back from the 2011 version of that annual trip south, and I showed up behind the Bil-Mar last Sunday afternoon, expecting to see a crowd of kites and fliers, and expecting to have to watch out for the kite buggies.

But no.

It was mostly just me, flying fighters and a WindDance for around 3 hours. A couple of Dads-and-kids wrestled with cheap 1-liners, and one sport-kite flier did a few loops as I was packing up and getting picked up.

Anybody know if this tradition is dead, or if I just missed the memo from TISKK & Sunset Fliers, that last Sunday's fly was re-located??

Norm in Toronto
dadecitykiter
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 08:56 PM »

Hey Norm,

Sorry I missed you.
We were up in Oldsmar (about an hour north of T. I.) building kites with kids in the park.

Will try to catch you next year.

Happy flying,

Gary R.
normofthenorth

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:05 PM »

OK, thanks Gary. Maybe I'll post here next year before I head south, so I get "the memo".

Norm in Toronto
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document