I want to personally and publically thank everyone for making Kite Party 8 the best event yet. Of course the weather helped a lot, but it was the fliers that made the event, PERIOD! Sorry it's taken so long to post this...I just woke up
. I am sure I'll forget some people, so please accept my apology if I do and please tell me, but in no particular order:
1. John, Steve, Baz, David, Joji, and TK of iquad for their tireless work on the field and in the store.
2. George Halpin, Mike McDonald, Donna Houchins, Jim Strealy and a couple others who's names escape me for their great help setting up and taking down the field boundries. Mike McDonald for also doing all the name tags and updating the web site!
3. Lynn Foster and one other wonderful lady who's name also escapes me for helping with the shirt sales and organizing.
4. Scott Weider, George Halpin, Dave Hadzicki, Dave Bradley, and a few others for giving lessons.
5. Mike Cory, Mike Stevenson, and the other IKE members for also giving lessons and putting on a great show for the other 90% of time we weren't doing demos.
6. Kent Kingston (A Wind of Change), Jay Knerr (Kite Loft), Jim Cosca (Sky Dog), and Rob Cembalest (New Tech) for working hard at the new store selling kites!
7. Rob Cembalest and New Tech for donating the 100 diamond kites for the Ben Lummas fly, making that another huge success.
8. Jinx for the awesome name badge lanyards and her son for the live cam!
9. Kevin Bayless and Tad Wakeless for adding so much to the Kite Party (Great stack and SUPER single line stuff)
10. Ron Despojado, Alex Herzog, Team Two Much Fun, The Rev Riders, and all others who did demos.
11. Lyle, Jeff, and all the others that made the SINGLE LINE field an AWESOME SPECTICAL
12. Jon Trennepohl for making a LONG trip during busy times and introducing a great new kite.
13. Jay Knerr and Mark Reed for providing me the guidance I need to set up a real kite store (which I still need to do!)
14. John Chilese for being the best kite photographer EVER!
15. Lolly from Revolution for her support and kindness (and of course laughs!).
16. Dan Hubbard of Creative Sports for bailing us out Sunday with an AWESOME SOUND SYSTEM!
17. Steve Hall who I suppose has made EVERY Kite Party possible with this forum huh!!
TO EVERYONE who donated so generously to the auction...THANK YOU!
I'm sure I'm forgetting some very important people and I'm sorry. I am so grateful and appreciative of all the Kite Party participants. You are ALL so kind to me and my family, and so gracious, I just can't put it into words. I can't imagine any other event that attracts such a classy group of people. I am truly honored to have had all of you here.