GWTW Forum
November 27, 2014, 09:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible "Sci Fi Science" Filming At Liberty State Park Sunday April 18th, 2010  (Read 1082 times)
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« on: April 16, 2010, 12:39 PM »

This is still in flux but looks to be gelling around this Sunday at Liberty 9:30AM - 12:30PM.

An excerpt from an email from an associate producer affiliated with the show that was posted to the LHSO14B newsgroup:

".. I am writing from the British television company that is making the 'Sci-Fi Science' series for the Science Channel.

As I mentioned on the telephone, we would be very grateful if your members might consider getting involved in some filming that we're hoping to do in either Liberty State Park, NJ (opposite the Statue of Liberty, as you know) or in Seaside Heights, NJ. We would ideally like to film a number of people flying kites in one of these parks on Saturday 17th April. The filming would take approximately two to three hours and the time is still to be confirmed. We would not need people to speak on camera but simply to be filmed flying their kites with our presenter.

Our series is presented by the eminent theoretical physicist Dr Michio Kaku, and it explores the physics behind some of the most exciting ideas from Science Fiction, asking whether some of these concepts and inventions might one day become a reality. The filming on 17th would be for a programme exploring how we might one day create a new kind of habitable solar system.

Might it be possible to ask your members to e-mail me if they might be willing to take part in some filming with us that Saturday? I am still working on filming permissions for these locations but would be very grateful if I might be able to get an initial sense of whether a group of your members would be free and willing to give us a hand with this.

I look forward to hearing from you... "

Currently it appears that a fun fly is breaking out around this and if the TV people show up so much the better.

If you need an excuse to get out of the house, well then, here you go.

Update to follow..
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:00 PM »

wouldn't it be nice if the tv people could also schedule the wind?

i love me some Michio Kaku. He, Brian Green, Brian Cox, and Neil Degrasse Tyson are my favorite rock star physicists.

Sci Fi Science; seen the show, not my cup of tea, but to meet Michio Kaku and fly kites would be cool. Hope you go represent and help change peoples minds about kites being only for kids.
 Smiley

Fdeli
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:00 AM »

Just confirming that this is on.

The producers have asked people to get there around 9AM just before they begin filming.
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:45 AM »

Man, I would love to be there! Why can't they do something like that in Houston? Cry

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
Kitemac
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 03:01 PM »

What this on today?
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 05:10 PM »

There was a film shoot requesting kitefliers Today at Liberty.

Anybody go?
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 06:19 PM »

I was there! and a few others! nothing crazy . we flew where the comps are and it was super bad! wind was off the land and blew hard and then 0! we did what we could and we didnt get much info out of them!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum