GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 02:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gomberg's Wilson Wing  (Read 1471 times)
layangman
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 25, 2010, 12:32 AM »

Hi Folks,

Need some advice, I have a Wilson Wing and I can't seem to get it to fly for long as it tend to dip to one side and then crash.

Anyone here with experience in tuning this kite?

Cheers.
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:24 AM »

i would drop Gomberg a note....he would be in the best position to help you out.

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
DGomberg

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 07:48 AM »

Hi Patrick!

My last note from you said the Wing was flying great. Sorry you are having problems.

The WW has a number of adjustment points that can be tuned for different winds. Check the instruction sheet. But an easier solution is to add a ribbon tail. Quick fix! Go have fun!!

And thanks for asking.

David
layangman

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 06:01 PM »

Hi David,

OK, will try the tail.  It could also be due to our current choppy wind condition. It takes of nice and smooth, after hitting about 40 meters it starts to bank to one side and down it goes  Embarrassed

I have given the spine some tension as suggested by you.  The wings (nearest the body) is just snug. OK, I will try it out again.  What would be the max wind be?

Regards,
Patrick
DGomberg

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 07:04 AM »

It certainly likes lighter smooth winds. But try the tail and let us how how it works.

David
layangman

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 07:03 PM »

OK, if the wind is higher, do I tighten the wing's tension line or loosen them?  What is the significance of the 2 lines that are tensioned along the leading spars using the vinyl tubes (for the fuselage)?
DGomberg

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 06:22 AM »

In higher winds, you want more dihedral. So make adjusts for increased bow.

The lines attached to the vinyl slider help hold the body open wider in stronger winds.

David
layangman

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:33 PM »

Hi David,

Many thanks.
I managed to fly it now, it is a stable kite once properly tuned.

Cheers,
Patrick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document