GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 11:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rev John Barresi Mid Vent  (Read 4812 times)
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 04:13 PM »

That's my monkey, always thinking of the team. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Revgod
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 01:46 AM »

from some kite site that sells them:
NOTE: The Standard is framed with a 3 wrap and includes an extra 2 wrap frame. The Full Vent is framed in 4 wrap and includes an extra 3 wrap frame. The Mid Vent is framed in a 3 wrap, no extra frame is included. I can customize ALL of these models with the frame combination of your choice and no extra charge (Excluding the RACE FRAME, which is $45.00 more).

The SOME KITE SITE you are referring to has just updated that listing, since beginning mid last year, Mid Vents DID receive the extra frame, and I believe all B Series models include TWO frames now. So...I don't know WHO the one framed B series was purchased from, but if was from said SOME KITE SITE, please call that person and request the extra frame!

Steve's CTR
biglos
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 09:32 AM »

I didn't want to say anything yet but the response I received was exactly like Revgod mentioned. I will believe it when I have the other set in my hands.

I did order the purple color because I wanted to be sure to have a 2010 kite and this may only work for the 2010 models.

I did get some time flying it with the 3 wrap frame and it was a humbling experience. After fumbling for about 1/2 hour, I was able to keep it in the air under some sort of control but I stress it was a humbling experience. My thought process was to use my weaker hand to control the speed/direction and my other hand to trim it out and steer which seemed to work good for me.
Revgod
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 12:10 PM »

I did just confirm that it was about March/April last year that two frames were included. Obviously if a kite was purchased from someone that has had it sitting around for a year, it wouldn't be included.

Steve's CTR
biglos
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 01:40 PM »

I am awaiting patiently the set of rods to arrive. I have 2 other new kites to keep me busy until then. But the kite I did recieve only came with the UL rods and not the race rods.
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 04:46 PM »

The Race Rods are not included in any of the regular production kites and are only sold as an option.  Most shops will replace your standard rods with the Race Rods if you request it - but usually at a slight up-charge as the Race rods are more expensive.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography