GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 06:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your answer?  (Read 7758 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« on: March 28, 2010, 07:42 PM »

I received the following email from our new best friend Dan (kysonusa@yahoo.com):

"Remove the slanderous postings on our product or your forum's reputation will be destroyed in a week.  We would like to bring your attention to the links below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270549821220&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

http://www.eznet.biz/powerkiteforum.htm

http://www.eznet.biz/powerkiteforums.htm

More listings on eBay for all kite products with links to educate buyers about your forum will be added soon.

Remove posting below:

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=2636.0"

I have always maintained this forum for the community so I thought I'd let you guys decide how to handle this.

Whatcha all think?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:02 PM by Steve » Logged

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 08:21 PM »

If it  was  I  I would write back and tell him to  go have sexaul inter course  with him self havea nice  day and thank you

Good air always Bobby
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 08:28 PM »

i don't know if you sell anything on ebay or not but personally, i wouldn't bow to his bully tactics.

the reason; if this a battle of reputation, the closer one gets to the truth, the worse his position. he only gains if the truth is concealed.

should this be of concern to revolution, absolutely.

but as this relates to your forums; those with genuine interest in either the sport, the kite, or the community come to this place because, generally speaking, the information and discussion dispensed here is of benefit to everyone.

this person has built a business on disreputable tactics, and is now reaping the rewards for doing so, lashing out against those who stand in the light of legitimacy and respectability.

your reputation and business is already cemented with us and those businesses who sponsor these forums.

Fdeli
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 08:34 PM »

He reads as if he has a persecution complex.

Just keep telling the truth.

Can he actually do anything to hurt GWTW?

It's not like he sends people to our Forum and they end up buying from the store.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
UPNET
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 08:35 PM »

Ignore him.... Cool

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 09:10 PM »

Time to have a word with ebay.

Who knows.

You might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Wink
KenMcNeill
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 09:16 PM »

Just curious, has this guy used the US mail to ship misrepresented product?
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 09:16 PM »

Interesting. He's obviously trying scare tactics with little effect. Reading what he has written on the referenced pages, even the novice web user would notice that all hot links go nowhere but back to those pages.

And the Blast and 1.5 he's offering for $699 in his referenced listing are significantly damaged. Consider that against the fact that brand new those same kites could be purchased for $490, far less than the listing price.

I wonder how eBay's security/consumer protection group would react to learning of the message and threats you received. Add to that the use of USPS perhaps, or at the very least interstate commerce, and the postal inspectors and other regulators might be very interested in his operation.

What a jerk.

Bob
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 01:01 AM »

Some guy uses misleading wording in his adds then gets pissed when he's called on it....Wow I'm worried about the GWTW forums reputation Cheesy

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
stapp59
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 01:42 AM »

Certainly bring this to the attention of ebay, usps, and whomever else has jurisdiction.  As much scrutiny as possible will put this crap in its place. The truth is on your side as already stated.  The guy certainly has an axe to grind.
711jrp

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 01:48 AM »

I'm with Bobby

Have you seen this.

http://www.eznet.biz/powerkiteforums.htm

Pigs might fly, but only if you bridle them right!!

Pete
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 02:01 AM »

Steve, thanks for the heads up on this.

I have had many dealings with manufacturers and retails of kite and related product. And to be honest I feel that all of them, with their respective skill sets could be possibly making far more money in almost any other industry.

They, I suspect, do it because they love the idea of being involved with kites, and the joy that kites bring to those who take time to fly them. Much generosity has been extended to me and my partner through the extended kite flying fraternity, and this is a rare thing theses day, what with profits and KPI's in may ways taking over from laughter and good ol' clean fun.

As most of you know I've only been 'seriously' flying for 3 years, but I got back into it because I can only remember kites ever being associated with a great time with family and friends, both old and new.

Now you may ask whats the point of this little monologue, as many of you feel the same I'm sure.

Well it's quite a simple point....

Hey Dan, cos I know you're reading this, I can always smell your type when they're in the area. Stick to your inks and massage tables and drills and &%#*, don't go &%#*ing with the kite industry, it means a little more to folk than the few measly dollars you, even as a 'respected' trader may have made.

"Destroyed" is such a strong word, and it goes both ways. Some of the folk here might start to take it a little personal, if you get my meaning. And these folk are passionate.

Hey and no need to thank me, I'm only here to help

Winter (were the storms come from)

let me know if I'm outa line.

WinterDaze AoF
Andy S

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 02:19 AM »

If I had a kite forum, I'd start taking daily backups, leave the posts where they are, and ignore him.  Undecided
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 03:14 AM »

My first question:  Are GWTW, Kitelife, and Powerkiteforums really under federal investigation?  Have any formal charges been filed against any of these entities?

If not, he may actually be guilty of something for claiming otherwise. 

I think as most here do:  The truth is on your side.  Discussion of the legitimacy of his product is in no way shape or form a problem if indeed he is engaged in anything but honest kite sales.  And even if he is a 100% honest and innocent kite dealer, these claims are questionable at best, and likely pure hot air. 

Here is a clear example of situation where I can completely understand, support, and cheer for Revolution and any action they might choose to take against this clown.

Certainly no one behind the scenes of GWTW or these other public forums is in legal jeapardy because of what members have speculated about or posted regarding his wares.  If anything, he'll need to pursue each instance individually.  I wish him luck. 

And quite frankly, I'd guess virtually no one comes to visit GWTW or forms their first impressions of this community based on a second order link posted on eBay. 

Roll Eyes
obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 04:47 AM »

thank him for visiting the forum....he is after all going to be driving a bit more traffic to you and the other forums....
i know that i would be curious in seeing his allegations against those places and then would google them and find them for myself...and i would discover REAL KITES!

just get your friendly attorney involved and let them be a bulldog to find out the truth.....

then sue for slander.

maybe the hand of KTAI should be involved now? since there are more than one kite retailed involved?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change