GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 11:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your answer?  (Read 7508 times)
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 05:42 AM »

thank him for visiting the forum....he is after all going to be driving a bit more traffic to you and the other forums....
i know that i would be curious in seeing his allegations against those places and then would google them and find them for myself...and i would discover REAL KITES!

just get your friendly attorney involved and let them be a bulldog to find out the truth.....

then sue for slander.

maybe the hand of KTAI should be involved now? since there are more than one kite retailed involved?

I agree 100% with this, it will definitely bring more hits to the site, and possibly some added business to you from people wanting to buy from a reputable vendor.

You probably could get the others listed to join in the law suit, if he is posting allegations of federal investigations and you have not been served, he has just hung him self if you pursue the matter legally

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 06:22 AM »

This started with me buying a "REV" from him, receiving it on a Friday all excited...and then quickly realizing that it was not.  I asked the advice of the forum (of which I had been a member only 2-3 weeks) for advice.

I got some GREAT advice and most said to ATTACK with a vengence.

I decided to take the low road and simply ask for my money back with no threats or intimidation.

He refunded but held my return postage hostage unless I gave postive feedback.  I figured if I got my return postage back I would be out NO money so said "I will not be leaving positive, negative or neutral feedback for you and I expect you to do the same.  I do not want the return postage paid".

With all that said.  Thanks to all, again for the help.  This is a good group.

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 06:28 AM »

With that said...I can give a little more fuel...

1.  He shipped to me using UPS or FEDEX...not the USPS.

2.  He sold me lines and handles after the auction ended for $49.  However, it was listed in the auction that they were offered if the buyer requests.

3. I paid on paypal.  He added the lines and handles to the cost as a separate line item.

His communication skills are typical for an ebay seller.  Short and never really answer all the questions that I posed.

No advice on how to deal with him now that I have invited the Vampire into your home (Lost Boys movie reference).

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
DGomberg

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 07:02 AM »

Politely point him to the Forum Rules.

"Disclaimer: Statements made by members of this site are their own opinions and should not be taken in any other context."

Then tell him he is welcome to join and post his own comments. That should be fun.....

dg
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 07:59 AM »

Been thinking a bit and rereading this thread and the other.

Could he be resting all of his arguments on the basis that 'Revolution' is a trademark name BUT 'Rev' is not?!  In his replies to Jeepers, he calls it a Rev Blast, rather than a Revolution Blast.  It's obviously an attempt to confuse or link his product to Revolution, but whether this is legal infringement is not immediately clear to me.

I definitely think GWTW is in the clear.  It's still not obvious to me if he avoids all problems by calling his kites 'Rev' versus Revolution.  If he uses the logo, that's another thing entirely I'd guess.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 08:57 AM »

Been thinking a bit and rereading this thread and the other.

Could he be resting all of his arguments on the basis that 'Revolution' is a trademark name BUT 'Rev' is not?!  In his replies to Jeepers, he calls it a Rev Blast, rather than a Revolution Blast.  It's obviously an attempt to confuse or link his product to Revolution, but whether this is legal infringement is not immediately clear to me.

I definitely think GWTW is in the clear.  It's still not obvious to me if he avoids all problems by calling his kites 'Rev' versus Revolution.  If he uses the logo, that's another thing entirely I'd guess.

obi

That's exactly what he did. His intent is to make buyer believe they are purchasing Revolution products without actually using the whole name. "Rev, Blast etc.", that's just as dishonest and misleading. I read his kite eBay listings and they do sound like he is selling Revolution Kites. He knows what he is doing.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
rxburner
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 10:20 AM »

The Truth Will Set You Free.

Strange guy.... does JB know he is using his name in that post?

He sounds a little dangerous to me, I think the Department of Homeland Security should be tipped off about him. That sounded like a terrorist threat to me.
Rx
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 11:15 AM by rxburner » Logged
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 12:16 PM »

...tell him he is welcome to join and post his own comments. That should be fun.....

dg

Well Steve has been trying to keep things civil here, I can't imagine what would be said if he dared show here. Pretty sure it wouldn't fall within 'The Forums' code of conduct  Cheesy

*Steve*, nothing I've said here is productive to the intent of 'The Forum' If the threads go away should you feel they are not holding to the intent here I have no problem with the deletion of anything I've posted - your call - other then Jeepers original question as to if what he purchased was truely a new 'Rev' it's all "Off Topic"

I know you're not a person to give in to Threats and Extortion and IMO you have no liabilty here nor does anybody who has participated in the threads. Even my statement that I knew people who would be interested in his info is above board, one of my friends is buddy's with an IRS enforcement officer in Texas, that's who finally got Rhonda off the hook for her ex's failure to pay with a call to our local office, he even carries a gun   Wink

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:38 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 01:09 PM »

[quote  I think the Department of Homeland Security should be tipped off about him. That sounded like a terrorist threat to me.
Rx
[/quote]

Cheesy

"Do what you like"
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2010, 02:14 PM »

Kitelife, nor myself are under federal investigation... It's pure libel.

He tried this with powerkiteforum first, I just got added to the list for being another outspoken advocate.

http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=11192

My first interaction with them was roughly two years ago, regarding the same subject... He threatened legal action then, never did sh*t, because he can't do sh*t... Public opinion is our given right, god bless the free world.

I've also compared notes with Bob Childs (owner of powerkiteforum) and he's confirmed all of my thoughts on this matter.

We'll be leaving related discussions on Rev and Kitelife online... IMHO, it's our responsibility to ensure that truth is widely available... There's been no slander here, simply a cataloging of facts and opinions, which we're entitled to.

You won't find any content on the web sites I manage regarding breach of copyright unless he's using established product names like "Blast", "SLE" or running off copies of established graphics such as those used on the SLE or Blast.

I hope GWTW stands strong and does the same. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:16 PM by Kitelife » Logged

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Beachbum
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 03:10 PM »

My answer.

It starts with this.

Let's get juvenile with it!
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 03:16 PM »

I guess what he is doing by just using the words he does IS legal, if not necessarily honest. Basically using misleading info to promote a sale. What he IS doing that is NOT legal is having the following:

WWW.POWERKITEFORUM.COM, WWW.KITELIFE.COM, WWW.GWTWFORUM.COM  and their owners Bob Childs and John Barresi are under federal investigation !

Their sites have been blocked !

Due to the competitive nature of the power kite industry, many brands are resorting to illegal and dishonest marketing techniques.

One of these is to support or setup forums throughout the internet supposedly to discuss issues regarding the sport.

Instead of discussing honest issues, these forums are used to market their own brand of products or brands from their advertisers.

Competing brands which do not advertise on or sponsor these forums receives unfavorable postings.

Forums currently under investigation are www.powerkiteforum.comwww.gwtwforum.com, www.kiteskating.com, www.kitelife.com, and www.doomwheels.com, owned and operated by Bob Childs and John Barresi.

Any brand or company advertising on or have links contained within these sites will be investigated and prosecuted under the law.
which is pure and unadulterated BS! This is clearly libel! I say get the attorney's involved. Maybe we can teach him a lesson where it will really leave a lasting impression, his wallet!

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
xuzme720

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 03:18 PM »

My answer.

It starts with this.

Let's get juvenile with it!
LOL I like it!

Asfink tersez wot....

Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 03:57 PM »

The item with links to libel has been removed for the moment...

http://cgi.ebay.com/REVOLUTION-REV-BLAST-SLE-1-5-Quad-Line-Kite_W0QQitemZ270549821220QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efe06a724

I've spoken with eBay length today, the ad was removed for listing violations, as well as unauthorized use of "Kitelife" in his ad (see VeRO rules and my VeRO page).

With repeated violations, this seller's account will eventually be suspended or removed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:15 PM by Kitelife » Logged

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
xuzme720

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 03:58 PM »

The item with links to libel has been removed for the moment...

http://cgi.ebay.com/REVOLUTION-REV-BLAST-SLE-1-5-Quad-Line-Kite_W0QQitemZ270549821220QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efe06a724

I've spoken with eBay length today, the ad was removed for listing violations, as well as unauthorized use of "Kitelife" in his ad (see VeRO rules and my VeRO page).

With repeated violations, this seller's account will eventually be suspended or removed.
Which listing was that? the broken/damaged Revs?

Asfink tersez wot....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document