GWTW Forum
August 28, 2014, 06:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traffic in Fractured Axel Forum is slow...  (Read 5155 times)
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 04:53 PM »

Much as it pains me to say it, Zippy has his uses..

Cheesy
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 05:16 PM »

Sorry...I should mention I'm using the Dual Line kite section as reference. Only 4 active threads on March.

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 05:42 PM »

Sorry...I should mention I'm using the Dual Line kite section as reference. Only 4 active threads on March.
A-ha! Yon light from yonder win....
Anyway, now we get it.

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
anOldMan
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 11:47 PM »

Traffic in FA forum is slow  Cry but the GWTW forum is buzzing with alot of activities  Grin . Why ?

We get more than a half hour to eat lunch in europe. The life style is much much slower to allow you the enjoy life.
And that is from a person who has lived on both sides of the big pond.

Activity is not the only indicator of interest.

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 01:42 AM »

Sorry...I should mention I'm using the Dual Line kite section as reference.

Bear in mind that a lot of what might fall into the sport kite section on GWTW happens in the FA chat section at the top of the list.

The chat section is mostly on topic, kite related traffic rather than off topic ramblings as sometimes found in GWTW's 'website discussion'. FA has an Off Topic section for that (but even that doesn't suffer from the bitching and moaning that used to plague the old GWTW website discussion...)

No preference implied just pointing out that you might be missing a lot of activity if you only look at the dual line section.

Also as a nation we Brits can sometimes be reserved in discussion and sometimes more is less, rather than feeling we must say something, anything just to contribute. That's not 'superior' as someone said - that's just a prevalent personality trait in Britain.

xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 07:53 PM »

Not judging, Mate!  Wink

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
BarryS

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 05:18 PM »

Odd but there is a "Traffic is slow on GWTW forum" thread on FA too..? Roll Eyes

BTW I'm from Nottingham too, Ian  Grin

Bazz
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 05:56 PM »

Odd but there is a "Traffic is slow on GWTW forum" thread on FA too..? Roll Eyes

And if you look at the title of it, there's no wonder why we might perceive the other forum users has having a "haughty" attitude Smiley
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 06:59 PM »

I've always found 1 or 2 visits a year to "That Other Place" is enough to glean all the pertinent info, mostly friend talk IMO.

Then also the same person who sent me off the GWTW forum for over a year and half with his personal attacks and holier then thou attitude after my first post here also chased me off FA on my first post there with his attitude. Since he is most active over there I've stayed away for the most part.

The last time I popped in to FA I found so little of value and so much offensive I haven't felt the need to even look again, and that was during the supposedly "Dark" times here at GWTW.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 10:19 PM »

Just for the record ... I have never considered there to be any competition between the two forums and have long been a member (#90 to be exact) and am proud to have attained the rank.  Both Andy and Craig have been long time friends and customers.

Okay, I feel better now.  You may resume your "things are better here" banter.  Wink

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Craig

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 12:28 PM »

BTW I'm from Nottingham too, Ian  Grin

and to think we always thought that it was Americans that didn't get irony..............

And if you look at the title of it, there's no wonder why we might perceive the other forum users has having a "haughty" attitude Smiley

Cheesy

Just for the record ... I have never considered there to be any competition between the two forums and have long been a member (#90 to be exact) and am proud to have attained the rank.  Both Andy and Craig have been long time friends and customers.

Steve, you da man  Cool
freecheese

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 01:03 PM »

...the same person who sent me off the GWTW forum for over a year and half with his personal attacks and holier then thou attitude...

More to be pitied than scorned, is all I have to say.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:08 PM by freecheese » Logged
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 03:59 PM »

Some of us are at least having a go  Tongue

Reviving Virtual Freestyle would undoubtedly increase activity at FA.

Hmmm.... good point. I'll have a word with Davey and see what we can conjure up.  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Dave a

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 06:00 PM »

Then also the same person who sent me off the GWTW forum for over a year and half with his personal attacks and holier then thou attitude after my first post here also chased me off FA on my first post there with his attitude. Since he is most active over there I've stayed away for the most part.
That narrows it down to about 6  Undecided
DaveH
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 08:59 PM »

Some of us are at least having a go  Tongue

Reviving Virtual Freestyle would undoubtedly increase activity at FA.

Hmmm.... good point. I'll have a word with Davey and see what we can conjure up.  Wink

Mike.

i sincerely hope that happens.  You did a great job.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document