GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 02:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zephyr  (Read 4262 times)
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: March 30, 2010, 05:31 PM »

So I just received my new Zephyr from a store out of state. I opened up the fancy smanshy case and the first thing I notice is that one of the flying lines has been unraveled. So I'm thinkin' hmmmmm..... was the kite flown or something???

I proceed to assemble the kite for further inspection and it seems to be just fine. No stains or issues that I can see. It does bother me that the line would come like that though. I called the shop and was told I should just send the line back and they'd replace it and reimburse me for shipping.

I'm a principles kinda guy though. Even though they say the kite hasn't been flown I tend to wonder. I wouldn't mind it so much if the darn thing was only 100.00 bucks but it wasn't!!!   Cry

Some feedback would be nice. Keep in mind my first thought is really to just not dwell on it and leave it be. Sigh Undecided
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:40 PM by socalman320 » Logged
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 05:42 PM »

Some feedback would be nice.
Pretty obvious ... you're shopping at the wrong store.
 Wink

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
socalman320

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 05:50 PM »

Wink

Hey Steve,

I ordered before coming back or would've talked to you first. Sorry. I am not worthy!!!!! Cheesy Wink
DaveH
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:28 PM »

Wink

+1  Wink
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:06 PM »

Wink

+1

Sine Metu!
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 07:26 PM »

Can you feel the love, Steve?

Grin ;DKumbaya my Lord, kumbaya Grin Grin

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
socalman320

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 08:37 PM »

I get it already! Tongue

Still haven't "helped" on the question though.
xuzme720

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 08:46 PM »

Sorry, Brother...we tend to go overboard a lot, at least I do. Roll Eyes

When you say unraveled, what do you mean? Was the line just thrown in the case? was it a few loose wraps that might have come loose during shipping? Better yet, do you have pictures? That would be a huge help in letting us help you figure out just what you have...

Asfink tersez wot....

tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 08:48 PM »

If I could buy lines with a few hours on them, I would - it seems to be the only thing that effectively pre-stretches them!

I would expect, as you pointed out, to pay a bit less for them, however.

-Tom

6 kite tom
Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 08:54 PM »

It's within the realm of possibility that the kite was unflown, but that the lines had been used.

Didn't we see a thread a few months ago about a guy who had a badly messed up set of lines in his Zephyr case, and he went back to his retailer to resolve it?  It could be something similar, a kite store swapped out a set of lines at a customer's request, but didn't keep track of where they were pulled from, and the kite got sold with a used lineset.
socalman320

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 12:09 AM »

Sorry, Brother...we tend to go overboard a lot, at least I do. Roll Eyes

When you say unraveled, what do you mean? Was the line just thrown in the case? was it a few loose wraps that might have come loose during shipping? Better yet, do you have pictures? That would be a huge help in letting us help you figure out just what you have...

No worries.

Ok, the package comes with two line sets. One 50' and the other 100'. The 100' one looks like well, like when I'm done using a line set and rolling it back up. Where as the other set looks like it was factory wound.You know, all nice and neat and puuuuurdy Tongue

Maybe I'm just over thinking things? I know it seems kinda petty but DAMN the *&^% thing cost 250.00 bucks for crying out loud Cry!! I want NEW, UNUSED line sets! Is THAT too much to ask for Angry!!!!!!Sigh........ok, I'm done. Cheesy Cool
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 12:10 AM by socalman320 » Logged
socalman320

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 12:13 AM »

It's within the realm of possibility that the kite was unflown, but that the lines had been used.

Didn't we see a thread a few months ago about a guy who had a badly messed up set of lines in his Zephyr case, and he went back to his retailer to resolve it?  It could be something similar, a kite store swapped out a set of lines at a customer's request, but didn't keep track of where they were pulled from, and the kite got sold with a used lineset.

I suppose I should just take the thing out to my local field, unwind it and see what I have. Then decide if I want to really go through the trouble of mailing it back and then waiting for a new set and blah,blah,blah....or just keep the set I have and enjoy the hell out of my new kite!!! WOOOHOOOOOO Cheesy Cheesy
socalman320

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 12:18 AM »

I suppose I should have just used "Venting" in the subject line. LOL!!!

Just really bugs me is all. Maybe it's the OCD kickin' into overdrive? Buhahahaha!

G-Night.
xuzme720

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 07:42 AM »

Just do what you said, take em out to the field and play them out. Go over them carefully and check for anything out of the ordinary. It's possible I guess that maybe they were never flown just unwound and rewound...? But if they show signs of wear, go ahead and send them back. The 100 footers are probably going to see the most use with the Z. I know mine do...

Asfink tersez wot....

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 08:20 AM »

a lot of times we would get linesets that were brand new unflown but the lines started to come unwound from the winder....just happens if the sets were not shrink wrapped (ala laser) or well bungeed....happens....

IMO it is not worth sending them back et al....fly them....beat on them..then get a new set.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document