GWTW Forum
October 31, 2014, 06:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zephyr  (Read 4511 times)
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 08:44 AM »

a lot of times we would get linesets that were brand new unflown but the lines started to come unwound from the winder....just happens if the sets were not shrink wrapped (ala laser) or well bungeed....happens....

IMO it is not worth sending them back et al....fly them....beat on them..then get a new set.....

Exactly...Unless they show actual signs of wear or damage, then it might be worth it to send them back. Otherwise just go enjoy that Z!
It does have a definite presence on the lines(aka strong pull), so be aware of that. I love mine...

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 07:54 PM »

a lot of times we would get linesets that were brand new unflown but the lines started to come unwound from the winder....just happens if the sets were not shrink wrapped (ala laser) or well bungeed....happens....

IMO it is not worth sending them back et al....fly them....beat on them..then get a new set.....

Exactly...Unless they show actual signs of wear or damage, then it might be worth it to send them back. Otherwise just go enjoy that Z!
It does have a definite presence on the lines(aka strong pull), so be aware of that. I love mine...

Nice! Good to know! I'll do just that once it stops raining!!! Ahhhh....sigh.

I wonder if I'll ever use the 50' lines at all? Do you? In lighter winds I suppose? Have you ever heard of changing out the spars on this one to make it lighter? I mean Prism says 1-17 but I doubt that anything less than 5 is the case.
xuzme720

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 08:00 PM »

You will be surprised! In low wind, lose the US and set the bridal and it will get down to 1 with some work. I have heard of people tricking it in 3. I can't yet but I hope one day!

Asfink tersez wot....

socalman320

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 11:57 PM »

In low wind, lose the US and set the bridal

Huh Ya lost me. Looked at my kite one time and saw where I can adjust the lines as on any other but not sure what ya meant on this.
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 01:28 AM »

He means remove the upper spreader and fly the kite without it.

It's an old trick for getting a kite to fly in a bit lower wind.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:30 AM by JimB » Logged
socalman320

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 04:18 PM »

Interesting. Never tried that before. I'll try that. Thanks!

Adjust the bridal for low wind setting I'm assuming too?
socalman320

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 04:26 PM »

I'm happy to report that after giving one last attempt at contacting the shop and in talking with the manager(MaryAnne) who has worked at this shop for 14yrs(kudos), she is sending me a new line set and said I can keep this one!!!! WOW! Good job MaryAnne!!! I told her that I'm up for a visit to Colorado soon and that I'd gladly deliver the original set in person. I also thanked her profusely for a job well done!!!! Gave her a phone hug and everything Cheesy Grin
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 07:16 PM »

"MaryAnn", of that kite shop in Colorado,  is one of my favorite people in the kite business.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
socalman320

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 07:49 PM »

"MaryAnn", of that kite shop in Colorado,  is one of my favorite people in the kite business.

She assured me the kite hadn't been flown. After checking it out when I first got it I tend to agree. She sounded pretty sincere. So I'm good.

E3 is a next possibility but certainly will be talkin' with Steve on that!!! Wouldn't want to go to the wrong store again or anything Wink 
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 08:03 PM »

I live 20 miles from the store he talks of.  Very cool stuff hanging from the ceiling!

I have been there dozens of times but have only seen "dudes" there.  I will have to look for this lady you talk of!

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
socalman320

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 08:43 PM »

I live 20 miles from the store he talks of.  Very cool stuff hanging from the ceiling!

I have been there dozens of times but have only seen "dudes" there.  I will have to look for this lady you talk of!

First I talked to one of the "dudes". Don't remember his name(kinda sounded like he just broke up with his girl or something) then I asked for the mgr. and he asked if I wanted the dept.mgr or the store mgr. which is when I asked for the store mgr and got her. Real cool lady!! She may even be the owner. No clue.
socalman320

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 09:57 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong here.....

Doesn't the Zephyr only come with one set of yo yo stoppers???

I just noticed after re-inspection of this thing that I have a set ON the kite and a set in the bag.

Am I missing something?Huh
Untitled
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 11:09 AM »

My Zephyr came with a set of yo-yo on the kite and one in the bag with the weight.  And the two line set 50#x75' and 90#x100' one came wrapper in plastic and one didn't.

xuzme720

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 12:25 PM »

My Zephyr came with a set of yo-yo on the kite and one in the bag with the weight.  And the two line set 50#x75' and 90#x100' one came wrapper in plastic and one didn't.
Same here. should also have been a pin on the sewn in pouch the weight was in...not that if it's missing it's a deal breaker but a nice addition for your flying hat...

Asfink tersez wot....

socalman320

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2010, 03:24 PM »

Same here. should also have been a pin on the sewn in pouch the weight was in...not that if it's missing it's a deal breaker but a nice addition for your flying hat...

Got the pin exactly where you said. Wasn't aware it came with two sets of yo yo stoppers though. Not even sure why, since I don't see any second set of holes or anything on the LE.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change