GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 11:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MY Zephyr (Thanks, DD!)  (Read 909 times)
Makiah
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: April 02, 2010, 04:20 AM »

Finally had a chance to try the Zephyr I'd gotten from DD quite a while back (haven't actually had a good flying day since New Years); what an awesome kite!  My friend and I went down to the beach, and when we got there, it was quite still; kept feeling a bit of a breeze (not enough to move the beach-grass, though), so I adjusted the bridle & used my Micron's lines.  Didn't think of removing the US, but it flew just fine as it was, and felt amazing.  Got a bunch of axels---intentional ones---and yo-yo's, which I'd never managed very gracefully before; laughing like a loon the entire time.  The wind came up later on & I went back to the longer lines---great fun!!!  What a cool kite; after about 5 hours of flying, I'll have to say, it's the favorite!!!  My buddy tried it; he liked it, but wanted to fly my Nexus---there wasn't enough wind to even get it in the air until afternoon---OH WELL!  Anyway, thank you, DD!!!

Mack  Grin
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:39 AM by Makiah » Logged

Mack
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:38 AM »

woohoo, sounds like you had a great time! Grin

Fdeli
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:12 AM »

5 HOURS OF FLYing?!
I miss those days! I want summer break to come!  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Makiah
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 06:39 AM »

5 hours of flying just the Zephyr; the wind got really weird in the later afternoon, so I got the Stylus out; great fun!  Yes, this is one of the reasons I moved down here; good flying for more of the year, and awesome beach-flying.  Yesterday was my last day off until the 10th, so wanted to make it good!  Now I'm waiting for my 4D (and yeah, I WILL probably fly it in the parking lot at work); it'll be great for those really still summer mornings.  Come ON, summer!!!

Mack (still grinnin' like an idiot)

Mack
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:08 AM »

I thought I'd try out parking lot flying with my Nighthawk and tore up the nose trying to do a cartwheel. The lesson is this: don't cartwheel on pavement.

I haven't done anymore parking lot flying since.

Bob D.
socalman320
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 04:00 PM »

Nice color!! Sounds like you had a blast. Once the winds die down below 40 here I'll be sure and take mine out for a spin too.

I'll be posting fly report probably Sun. or Mon. when I get back form the island. Wooohooooo!! I'll try and get some pics too.
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 05:34 PM »

Wooot!!!! Glad you like it!!!!! Cool

Sine Metu!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change