GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 11:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deep Space Video  (Read 2834 times)
Seaslug
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 02:50 AM »

I found the easiest way to learn tazes was to do them on the top a loop when the kite is parallel to the ground rather than off of a straight line. Pushing the top wing foreward slighly just before the first pop also helps and holding the top wing back on the first pop while poping the lower wing is key too. Hope it helps Smiley

Dave.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 02:52 AM »

do you let the deep space go nose high at all when it's facing away from you before the last input?

Fdeli
Seaslug

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 03:14 AM »

Yes it has to go nose high but not too high, it's just a case of getting the timing right.
Taz slomo-1.m4v
OOPs sorry about the audio. Lips sealed
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:50 AM by Seaslug » Logged

Dave.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 05:32 AM »

yeah i'm going to come back a few times i'm sure and scrutinize the kites postion; here you can see my nirvana just gives them away. the deep space, not so much.

R-Sky Nirvana: Taz Machine

Fdeli
jaydub

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 12:28 PM »

Dave,

Thanks for the vid.  Motivated me to go back and try Tazes again yesterday.  I think I've got the set up move sorted, but struggle with the rotation move.  I have three consistent failure mechanisms: choking it off if I hit the rotation input too hard; tip wrapping it on the final part of the rotation or not hitting it hard enough to induce enough momentum to get it far enough round.

Your rotation input seems to be more of a sweep than I was expecting. I know other notable DS fliers who recommend a short pop for the second input.

I suspect some of my issues is the timing of the slack after the rotation move, but wondered whether you had any further advice on tazing the DS.

Thanks,

Jon
Seaslug

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 04:05 AM »

I found that a snappier first input helps with rotation especially in stronger winds for but there is a fine line between overdoing it. A step or two forwards after the second input and a small third input with the same hand helps with recovery. Good luck Jon hope this helps Smiley

Dave.
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 05:10 AM »

Slack control is my main issue...

The new Frank!
jaydub

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 09:54 AM »

That third input is something I haven't tried before and it should help lift the lower wing and stop the tip wrap on the final rotation.

Here's hoping. Undecided
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum