GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 12:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sound taxi m4p convertor  (Read 1999 times)
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« on: April 04, 2010, 07:51 PM »

Sound taxi doesnt work on 64bit systems, anyone else got a m4p convertor that works and doesnt cost a fortune?

Sine Metu!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 08:31 PM »

Found this when I Googled a program I use (it won't) we have done similar ourselves.

To convert Itunes protected M4P to another format, you should burn a CD from iTunes (using the ITunes CD burning option), and then rip from CD using another program in your preferred format.

1. Buy songs on iTunes
2. Go to File->New Playlist
3. Drag and Drop files you want to the playlist
4. Right-click playlist and select "Burn Playlist to Disc"
5. Rip CD

Might work for you, we've done it to get files into a needed format and it seems to get rid of any DRM* too if a program bulks at using a tune with DRM* like Windows Movie Maker does even though you have purchased the license.

* Small Print
I am in no way condoning the use of this method to bypass Digital Rights Management for music you have not purchased, the artists fully deserve compensation for their artistic endeavors
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:46 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
kiten00b
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:26 PM »

Xilisoft Audio Converter
System Requirements
OS    Microsoft® Windows XP (SP2 or later), Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit), Windows 7 Ultimate (32/64 bit)
Processor    1GHz Intel/AMD processor or above
RAM    256MB RAM (512MB or above recommended)
Free Hard Disk    30MB space for installation
Graphic Card    Super VGA (800×600) resolution, 16-bit graphics card or higher

the free version will do 5 files at a time, just takes a bit more clicking than the paid version
Bgywrinkle
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 07:30 AM »

I just picked up Tune bite 7 (abt $40) and it is easy to use and does a great job converting my itune downloads to mp3.  It also converts MP4b(audio books) with out any effort.
Just my 2cs.

Don

May you be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 10:17 AM »

Off topic a bit but seeing you do audio books I thought you might be interested in todays Give Away Of The Day, Audio Speed Changer Pro, it will speed up audio without changing the pitch. It's main purpose would be shortening the play time of Audio Books & Podcasts. Since it also does format conversion at the same time it might be useful for that too.

Another cool thing, there is a portable version available, so it doesn't install or change anything on your computer and you can load it to a flash drive and run it on any computer. Getting good reviews too.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:21 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 12:03 PM »

This is built into iTunes for non-protected files.

If you set the default import option (used when importing from CDs for example) in iTunes to MP3, then when you right click on a song you will get a menu item that says "Create MP3 version".  This works for any default import option.

I converted many file this way.

6 kite tom
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 02:22 PM »

I have been using this and have great results, I cant seem to find out if it works on 64 bit windows, but it would be quick to download and test

Free Mp3 Wma Converter V1.9

Freeware

Download here

Compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven

Size: 6.4 Mb

Free MP3 WMA Converter enables you to convert your MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, M4a, MP4, Ape, Ac3, FLAC, WAVE files:

* Mp3 to Ogg, Mp3 to Wma, Mp3 to AAC, Mp3 to Wav...
    * Wav to Mp3, Wav to Ogg, Wav to AAC, Wav to Wma...
    * Wma to Mp3, Wma to Ogg, Wma to AAC, Wma to Wav...
    * Ogg to Mp3, Ogg to Wma, Ogg to AAC, Ogg to Wav...
    * AAC to Mp3, AAC to Wma, AAC to Ogg, AAC to Wav...
    * Ape to Mp3, Ape to Wma, Ape to Ogg, Ape to Wav...
    * Flac to Mp3, Flac to Wma, Flac to Ogg, Flac to Wav...
    * M4a to Mp3, M4a to Wma, M4a to Ogg, M4a to Wav...
    * Ac3 to Mp3, Ac3 to Wma, Ac3 to Ogg, Ac3 to Wav....

And even more possible conversions !

You can convert Itunes audio files (m4a format) free of charge in MP3, WMA, OGG…! Tags's editor integrated (V1 and V2). Copy your audio CDs very rapidly thanks to “Free CD Ripper”. Simplicity at the service of efficiency.

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change